Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Katsuyuki Kiya Official Coach Thread

Comments

• Options

Coach P

How was the race in my dream place "Kona"?

I also want to race there next year.

BY THE WAY,

As I wrote on Final Surge, I turned it off today because I was sick.

But I can rest well in the morning, so I'm fine now.

I will go back to the regular menu from tomorrow.

The race is only 10 days away, so I will try not to overdo it and get in shape.

• Options

Coach P

※This is an article I wrote on Friday (October 18).

Today is the last day before the race

Swim Race Rehearsal (3.8 km Swim)

Last time I wore triwear and then swimskin.

The shoulder area of tri-wear is so tight... I'm so tired and my time is really slow?! So,

Today, I take off my triwear and put it on my swim-skin pants, which are also worn to the waist, with the triwear screwed in.

Now the shoulder is much easier.

I actually started swimming, but I didn't feel the difficulty in turning my shoulders or the pressure around my chest like I did last time.

I mean, I don't feel well...

But don't worry about it.

It was such a day.

... BUT IT SEEMS THAT IT WAS NOT JUST MY IMAGINATION.

I felt cold in my stomach after 1600.

I'M STARTING TO WANT TO GO TO THE BATHROOM... (; ゚゚゚゚゚゚゚゚゚)

I managed to endure swimming, but it was not good.

In the 50 minutes before the break,

2500 m (2: 00/100m)

IT'S TOO LATE...

Lightening weight by rushing to the toilet during break time

Take it easy.

Restart after 10 minutes.

I thought I could swim comfortably since my stomachache was resolved, but I'm not feeling well.

I felt somewhat tired, and I felt lazy until the end, and I swam the remaining 1300 meters.

1300 m 26 ’ 00 ” (2: 00/100m)

I don't feel as stiff as I did last week in triwear, but it's not as bad as last week.

I thought my time would be better than last week...

Weekly 1: 17 '08 (2: 02/100m)

Last week at 1: 16 ’ 10 ” (2: 00/100m)

Wow, this week is later... what do you mean?!

It's true that my stomach condition was bad and the first half was not so good, but today my shoulders moved and I could have time more easily.

I'm very worried about the swim in the race.

K2

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya Thnak you for reaching out and for bumping me. Wetsuit swimming is less about form and is more about your cadence and turn over / arm cadence. In your wetsuIt you should never have to kick as your legs will float.

If you put on wetsuit, get in the pool and lay on your stomach, your body will lie on top of the water like a lilypad. Since you float on top of the water doing NO WORK you don’t need to kick to float…all you need to do is move the arms. 

But moving your arms in your wetsuit is different than non wetsuit. 

• In a wetsuit your arms stay straighter (it's hard to bend elbow in wetsuit)'
    • Your arms move higher above the water.
    • We want to hold the finish by your hip when you are in crowded water and can't get a good swim catch.

Here is a video that shows the difference Between pool and open water for you to consider:

• Options

Coach P

Wet suits are prohibited in IM Malaysia because of the high water temperature.

I can use a swim skin.

When I did 3.8 kmTT at the pool last month,

1: 11 ’ 39 ” (1: 53/100 m)

for more information.

*I had a pull buoy in my leg.

And this time, I tried swimming with swimskin.

1: 17 ’ 08 ” (2: 02/100m)

It was.

It was more than 5 minutes late.

Sleeveless swimskin makes it easy to rotate your arms.

K2

• Options

Coach P

I'm leaving for Malaysia tomorrow.

I know Swim isn't good enough, so I try not to be too hard and slow than practice.

My prediction is

Swim 1:20:00

Bike 5:30:00

Run 3:10:00

Total 10:15:00 (T1 & T2 inclusive)

I think this is the last line of the slot.

Do you have any advice from me?

• Options
    edited October 26, 2019 10:29PM

Coach P

IM Malaysia finished the race.

The timing tip came off during the swim (Someone grabbed my leg while I was swimming.) and I lost about 10 minutes, but it still didn't reach the qualifier at all.

As Swim could not be helped, bike was able to run according to the power you set (But it took six hours.).

Run ran slowly for the first hour, and then picked up a bit of pace to go up smoothly, but it slowed down a bit in the second half.

The challenge is:

Swim's pace is up.

Bike enhancements (especially in orchids to leave the legs).

Run prevents a downturn in the second half.

I think so.

K2

• Options

Coach P

In Malaysia, I was able to race with the greatest leeway ever.

Thanks to your guidance.

I really appreciate you.

However, I have prepared for the race so far (For approximately 11 months) with the patience and consideration of both my workplace and my family. I spent a lot of time and effort.

Even so, I realized that I couldn't do anything at all in this race.

For me, the dream of acquiring Kona's Qualification might have been a high hurdle.

I can't think about the next race right now.

And my wife has endured a lot of things for me and has done a lot for me.

It is very hard for me to put more burden on my wife.

I may start training again when I recover my strength (For the sake of health), but when I was asked, "Do you want to go to the race again?", I don't really understand now.

I don't want to waste Coach EN, which is a great environment for me. And I've spent a lot of money on the race, so now I have to economize.

Therefore, I would like to downgrade the current Coach EN to Team EN.

I heard that the only difference in the service I can receive is the difference in the response of the coach. Is that correct?

That is,

Is it correct to understand that you will think about the training menu and answer the questions (Not as common as Coach EN,)?

K2

• Options

K2 -

Congratulations. Very strong race in rough conditions.I look forward to reviewing your data to see how the race unfolded. It is unfortunate that you lost your time and ship, And those 10 minutes.That said, your age group was very strong and it seems much of that was on the bike.

Yes, TeamEN is a much more economical level for you. Once we finish looking at the race data, making the transition simply means that I won't spend as much time on your data (such as Trainingpeaks) or respond as frequently. But I am earlier and will be supporting you and guiding you through the year.

Once I see the data, I will have a much better sense about what good next steps are. Your run is very strong and your work ethic is high. I believe that we need to address the bike if we are to realize your ambition for Kona. But I need to see the data to learn more.

• Options

Ok, so the target was 165 Normalized Power for the bike...Which is 73% of your FTP ( 226).

You rode 169 Norm Power, but you rode 1.07 VI (very variable). There were times when you went to hard, and there were times when you want to easy. What we are looking for. As you look at a sample of some of your laps in the datafile.

These are on your very first Laps however; it turns out that your best hour on the bike was your first hour on the bike. Well your target was 165, you actually Rode 185 for this hour.

Compare this to the last hour on the bike (below). In your final hour you're not the last Hour was 159 W and the variability was even higher. This is because you were tired and we're doing more coasting than work. This is a common phenomenon across an Iron Man because people get tired. However it was made a great deal worse by how you allocated your power across the entire ride.

Here is a different look at your last long training Ride on 10/26/19. And you can see how your heart rate increases over the course of the rain. It starts off low below 140 and eventually lose out into the 150s for the last hour of the rain. That's what happens with the steadily executed ride where the consistent effort causes your body to work harder over time.

Here is your heart rate data for race day. You can see that your heart rate starts out incredibly high. Averaging 157 bpm which is almost 20 bpm higher than what you have incredibly, you do a good effort sustaining at heart rate through most of the day they get too tired by the end.

This is also why are you see your heart rate decrease all day on the run as well. While we are looking for you to build your effort and stay strong across the day even as you slow down your heart rate was dropping. This is a classic example of pushing too hard on the bike.

Don't get me wrong here, this doesn't mean that you did something bad or that you don't have more speed in you. It means that you just bike the hills too hard and you didn't bite the down hills or the flats hard enough. You distributed your effort in the wrong places on the bike. Very low chance that you couLd exceed your power numbers. But pushing too hard on the hills, especially in the heat of Malaysia is really dangerous.

Let me know what you think!

~ Patrick

• Options

Coach P

Sorry for the late reply.

I finally finished writing a race report.

But,

All of them are in Japanese, so I will roughly translate them into English with a translation software and paste them.

As you said, pushing on the bike may have affected the subsequent run, so it's a "failed race," but I'm not so depressed.

Rather, I think I could have the most calm race ever thanks to you.

Thank you.

Here's the race report:

Because it is a translation software, there may be words that don't make sense, but please forgive me.

IM Malaysia Race Day

10/26/2019

○ Expected time

Swim 1:20

Bike 5:30

Run 3:20

Total: 10:15 (including T1 & T2)

○ Result

Swim 1:19:31 (50th place) * 1: 16: 38

T1 8:06 * 11: 19

Bike 6:01:14 (29th)

T2 3:54 * 3: 11

Run 3:38:56 (2nd place)

Total 11:11:40 (13th place)

() Is the ranking in 45-59 age (212 people)

* Garmin data

Kona Qualify to 7th (10:54), no roll down

○ Each data

Swim

C4 IM Malaysia Swim 1: 16’38 ”(2: 00 / 100m) 3837m, 47Swolf, heart rate 159 / 174bpm, energy consumption 603kcal, training effect tempo (50./none 2.1), exercise load 623

Bike

C4 IM Malaysia Bike * 5: 55’05 ”167.37km AV159W NP170.4W 157 / 172bpm 250.1TSS IF0.65 3373.3KJ Training effect store (Yes 5.0 / No 2.1) Exercise load 481

* Motorcycle data does not mean that all data can be measured correctly because there is a lot of time that Saikon does not work for braking.

Run

C2 IM Malaysia Run 3: 38’58 ”41.98㎞ Average pitch 176spm Average vertical movement 8.5m Average contact time 239ms Heart rate 157 / 170bpm Energy consumption 1475kcal Training effect tempo (5.0 / No 2.1) Exercise load 587 51.1 / 48.9%

Specifically

What we did

To summarize the things that could not be done

What we could do

・ Due to measures against heat (sauna training), damage due to heat was suppressed.

・ Swim-up is almost as practiced

・ The bike was able to turn to the end as specified watts (more) from the coach

・ The run was suppressed in the first half, and the usual practice of cruising in the second half was possible (although it slackened after 30 km)

・ I was able to run comfortably thanks to the ice bag in the run

What I couldn't do

・ Drafting in swim

・ Swim-up heads up (striking buoys several times)

・ Revision of Saikon

・ Adding on a motorcycle

-Slow down in the latter half of both bikes and runs

◎ IM Malaysia Race Overview

A tough environment survival race

Countermeasures are required for heat and humidity

Bike is the point

Road preparation, traffic conditions, animals (monkeys, children ?!), preparation for supply, etc., need to be handled

Moreover,

Swim 1: 10-1: 20

Motorcycle 5: 30-5: 45

Run 3: 30-3: 45

In order to be able to finish within 10: 30-11: 00

In addition, the local people were surprisingly rare this year, and there was no squall on the race day (since Malaysia in Malaysia is still in the rainy season, there are squalls several times a day).

If you see only men 45-49

Qualify acquisition range is around 10:30

If you think of the lower limit of 7 slots (10:54), you will never reach it ...

Even without a detailed trouble, it is painful that further strengthening the bike is an absolute requirement

I could n’t get the qualify that I had set as a goal,

Develop the race that I envisioned

I was able to win against my negative self

Swim from wet swim to non-wet swim assuming Gulee

In practice, we can only have a pitiful time of 1: 17…

I thought that it should be within 1:20, so it was rather good that I could actually swim up at 1:16.

The bike probably took 6 and a half hours with an estimated strength of 5 and a half hours in advance.

I think that it was a success that I was able to run more than the practice and output with more than practice was specified on the way ※ From the coach pointed out that the first half of this time led to a drop in the second half ... There was (^ _ ^;

As I practiced, I was able to keep the first half and increase the pace in the second half.

I felt convulsed after 30 km, but I slowed down, but if I kept moving for about 10 hours I thought it would be natural that somehow it would hurt, so I moved for a while using my legs on a motorcycle I think that

Also,

I am happy that I finished the race (so I can work the next day) without any injury or breakdown.

You need to be able to fit in the first 10 hours of any course and environment

I didn't have that power yet

Now I can understand that on my own race

Do as much as you can

I had the best I could at that time

I think it was the first time I was able to finish with such a refreshing feeling.

Time, effort, so many ales from many people, support for YOME ...

All of that was meaningful

I was fascinated by the competition "ironman", was crazy and put all my power

I am very proud

Below is a review of the actual race day.

Although it will be a long sentence, I think that this race report itself will be the last

I want to make sure that I don't write down my feelings

◇ Before start

The day before the race

Finish early dinner and go to bed at 19:30

It's muggy and awake at 21:00 and after 12:00

If you wake up after 12 o'clock, lower the temperature setting of the air conditioner by about 3 degrees

When I later asked T at KonaChallenge member of the same hotel, it seemed that there was a pretty intense squall in the middle of the night.

Get up at 3 o'clock

Brought from Japan

・ Red fox (cup noodles)

・ Beef Yamato boiled × 2

・ Red rice (alpha rice) x 2

・ Pork soup (retort)

Have a breakfast

I feel a bit overeat, but about 5 hours to start ... I will digest

Reply to the person who sent you an ale via SNS and complete the online check of the return flight

Even if you move early, the transition will open 5:45

You should be able to move from the hotel in less than an hour

Also, the start is 70.3, so I have to leave the player (7:00) about 1 hour later (7:52)

Slowly settle down, lighten several times in the toilet, and at 5 o'clock with T, take a taxi from the hotel to the T1 venue Danna

Langkawi's sunrise is late and it's still dark even after 5pm

A road without a streetlight ... sometimes like a back road? Pass through the taxi, but the taxi read with the Grab app is fixed in advance so it is safe because it will not be trapped

I arrived at Dana at the Swim & T1 venue in about 30 minutes, probably because I only used a taxi or a large van to ride players

Sit and wait on the nearby lawn until the transition opens

The sky is full of stars! I'm fascinated by the brightness of stars that I can reach even my bad eyes

I have participated many times in races in the northern and southern hemispheres and urban areas.

This is the first time for a tropical race near the equator and only in the rainy and dry seasons.

This is also the real thrill of racing ...

A group that was lined up before the transition started to move in this way

The transition seems to have opened

First check your bike

Certainly there seemed to be intense squall and the bike was quite wet

Remove the plastic bag and kappa around the handle, saddle, and rear derailleur that we had yesterday

Put chain oil that seems to have fallen in the rain

Then borrow a floor pump from Mr. T and add air to the tires (Yesterday, when the motorcycle was deposited, the tires may burst due to heat, so I was told to remove the air)

Listening to Mr. T's advice here to reduce air pressure than usual

Front 7.0 → 6.5, Rear 7.5 → 7.0

Drop 0.5 atm both front and back

Since the bad condition of the road surface has been checked in the previous day's trial run, so as to ease the shock even a little

Insert two refill bottles into the handle and downtube bottle cage

Finish the bike check and exit the transition area

Then sit and wait near the swim venue

I entered the transition area just once again to set up toilets and forgotten things (gloves), but basically I sat down and waited for a leisurely start

While having a castella, replenishment gel, and plastic bottle water in the street gear bag, chat with other KonaChallenge members who joined together, apply jellyfish-preventive cream to the whole body, and prepare for swimming little by little.

When the 70.3 player started (7:00), the street gear back was deposited, the final weight reduction was made in the toilet, and the move to the swim area

After a short test swim, see off a professional star (7:45) and prepare for a rolling start

Move forward along the flow of the group of the yellow cap (zone 1: within 1:15), which is the first group recklessly selected

Finally, KonaChallenge members once again send ale to each other and move to the starting point at intervals of several seconds with around 5 people

The outside is bright enough

It finally begins ...

IM after 4 years

I've already suffered so much

Just enjoy

Let's do “your” race

◇ Swim

Heading to the gate like a ticket gate of a station, yellow cap athletes start at intervals of about 5 people

If I was moving along the flow of people, I was on the outermost side (out course)

After the start, I wanted to enter the water after touching the Alexander Legend, “Crowee”, the IM legend “Crowee” that was close to the in-course…

What I thought was up to a few seconds before the start and then to the beach with a dash after the start

When you get to the knee, dolphin through from there

Swim makes two rounds around the triangular clock

As I knew from the test swimming, there were almost no waves, but white sand was rolled up and there was almost no transparency.

I can see the person swimming right next to me (a few tens of centimeters), but I can see my hand, but I can hardly see the front

Do not meander as much as possible with a head-up once in three times ... And as you put it behind a person with a swimming ability that is a little faster than you, a yellow cap, so if you are a strong swimmer, you will have to say the tip ahead and drafting a little If you can do it, it will follow ...

There was no battle that seems to be a battle because there are only people who have swimming ability, but there were scenes where the ankle was grabbed several times and the leg was pulled

That is often the case with triathlon swims, but it has been held several times as if it was “intentional?”

Actually, I felt a little unpleasant at this time, and there were several scenes that were thrilled when my hand was caught and released from the ankle ... I thought that the timing chip was taken, but I already thought the sea The race has begun in

Even if you think here, ginger! Concentrated concentration! !

Keep swimming with

Just like IM Canada and IM Japan, I couldn't find a good drafting partner, so I traveled a lot longer, but I was able to swim with a lot of physical strength thanks to the people pulling out.

If you dare to make a mistake, because you reduced the number of heads up during this solo trip

Twice, I touched the buoy near the course and the goggles were shifted to the left eye on the elbow of the person swimming next to the second lap.

I thought it would meander meanderingly, but in Garmin data, it seemed that I was able to swim straight except for 3.837km

After swimming up and looking at the left ankle before passing through the measurement gate ...

Oh no! Timing chip (; °)

I was expecting, but still impatient

Is it disqualified if you pass through the gate as it is?

... I heard from a nearby staff that they are like volunteers and I don't understand

Oh, what are you going to do?

A person who seems to be a staff came this time

"Anyway, go through the gate and go to the staff in front of the changing tent!"

Hurry through the gate

Take off the upper half-stab of the swim skin between several hundreds of meters with the gear bag, pull out the sleeves of the tri suit that is trapped in the trousers, and pass the arm

I practiced this many times in the pool, so I was able to run without any problems

Even if you take a motorcycle gear and look for nearby staff ... I don't ...

Return to the swim venue and find the staff

"No one is there! If you tell anyone, can you get a timing chip?"

I ’m impatient and panicking

Staff interact by phone

“Prepare to ride a motorcycle in a changing tent and talk to the staff at the tent!”

Oh, this few minutes felt forever

Take the gearback and rush to the tent

Swim skin off

Put on your calf and put your arm through the bolero

Put the cycle cap and the gel flask on the back pocket

Wear a belt with spare gel (Flipbelt ... also serves as a measure to throw away trash)

Several staff members in the immediate vicinity

"I don't have a timing chip. I'd like to ask for a replacement, but are you in touch?"

And ask

Several female staff screamed with a smile

Did you spray the skin where your arms and legs are exposed?

that? What is this? ? ?

"Where is it here?"

I thought that it was a timing chip and pointed to the ankle, this time with plenty of spray on the ankle ...

No ... So is this necessary work before receiving a timing chip?

“So ... what ’s the timing chip?”

If you ask ...

"That wasn't you stabbed in a jellyfish?"

(・ 0 ・)

Chigaaaaaaaaaaoo x ~ ヽ (゜ Д ゜) ノ

“Oh, then talk to the black hat staff over there (T1 bike ride point)”

Seriously ... (; ゜ RO ゜)

The end of the transition

The body reacts as fast as I thought ...

Not good! Great! I'll raise my heart rate and start running smoothly on my motorcycle ~

Somehow I am a little surprised by positive thinking

I was there! Woman in black cap

“I lost my timing chip during the swim. Can you give me something new?”

so! A tea envelope in that hand ... probably a new timing chip

I want it! quickly! !

"Did you tell the black cap woman who left the changing tent why the timing chip was gone?"

Yes? !

"You can't give it unless you tell the person why" (Kippari (リ ー  ̄))

Seriously ~

Dash dash across the transition again

... I was there

And I was just watching the spray turmoil just before ...

Calm down ... Give as much detail as possible

“That means you did n’t lose it.”

It seems to be high.

"Yes"

I ended up working on a smartphone-like device,

"Get a tip from a woman with a black cap (at the bike boarding point). Don't touch the bike until you put it on."

I felt that 10 minutes had passed on my bodily sensation watch, but I couldn't see Garmin.

Third dash dash dash

From another black cap woman

I finally got a timing chip

Left ankle wearing!

Thank you to bike rack

How much time was lost ...? ? ?

No, even if you think

If you ’re running, you ’ll see a rough ranking on the course.

Dash up to the point of riding

Swim 1:19:31 (50th) Probably the time when I left the changing tent

* Swim-up 1:16:38 Garmin data

T1: 8:06

* 11: 19 T1 dash interval run? Total time / Garmin data

From the actual swim-up, a loss of less than 10 minutes (13:26)… This will resonate later

◇ Bike

Immediately after starting the bike, it is equipped with fingerless gloves attached to the tip of the aero bar

The course is running many times in VR (Zwift) and the previous day's taxi trials are mostly in my head

IM said 80% of it was on a motorcycle ...

I remember my practice and advice from my coach

First of all, use Swim (actually T1 dash σ (^ ◇ ^;)) to replenish lost water

A bottle for replenishment

According to the coach's advice, the first 20 liters (about 1 hour) is only conscious of turning the power down and turning it easily.

After a while, enter Datai climb (Monkey Zone)

Because it is about 30 km per distance (up the U-turn)

This section decides that it will be a “do your best” up time and run without worrying about how many people will be overtaken

Just as you enter the Monkey Zone, you pass the U-turn and return player

Do you have a chat with the neighbors with a feeling that Mr. H from the rugged team has plenty of room? Pass each other while running

I'm sure he's at the top of Age, so I'm going to go to Mr. H first ...

If you pass here, don't listen to the calm voice that is less than 20 km away ... (^ _ ^; ...

Along the way, KonaChallenge member T sang a passing ale

With the advice from the coach on the slope strategy, gently turn the pedal to the U-turn location

From there, the downward trend

If you get a squall, you can't speed up on the descent.

The sun is getting stronger and the black part of the back (around the waist) feels hot

Apply neck, arms, head and water from the beginning

Neck guards, boleros, cycling caps and even midsummer exercises were done with jab jab water to cool with vaporization heat, so if you continued watering, the heat did not matter so much

Pass the first aid at the end of the Datai monkey course

Already one bottle for water has already been emptied by here, so water bottle is squeezed and replaced

After the Datai monkey zone, follow the road along the sea to the northeast of the island

Cruise started from around here

I received a table of power distribution from the coach, so I stuck it on the handlebar (the one that was printed out and pouched), so don't step too much while checking it ... If you think you are concentrating on the Saikon ...

Why? !

Speaking of which, you've said several times in the monkey zone ... Kimi

Somehow autostop seems to have entered frequently

Well, I didn't check the swim-up time, so I don't know the race progress and distance ...

Fortunately, I occasionally saw a sign with a distance display, so I confirmed the shift of the current Saikon

At this stage, the gap is about 5 mm.

Roughness of the road through Datai from the northeastern part of the island to the southeast of Kuah

Roads with almost no traffic restrictions, large trucks, buses, and cars keep getting in the same lane, so you don't feel at all.

Not very much, but I can't afford to mess with Saikon

“Well, okay?”

Again positive thinking

I know the distance somehow, I wrote down all the places of aid and wrote it together with the power distribution table, and there are scenes where I pass by a player who goes ahead several times on the course, so I will understand the most ranking there

A little worries after a swim trouble ... If you're a regular person, you're just a panic and full of negative thoughts, but for some reason there was only a strange confidence and calmness.

A fierce man Y gave me an ale when he passed by about 50km past

I was worried about my physical condition, but there seems to be no problem at all! It ’s great

It ’s not when you ’re impressed.

Are you calm and comfortable now? Considering the elapsed time ... At this pace, it probably takes about 6 hours and 20 minutes ...

Originally, motorcycles had decided to set power with a goal of 5 and a half hours, but there is still a considerable gap between VR and the actual course ...

Increase the strength a little here and increase it by "10W" from the specified watt (excluding climbing)

Pass the foreign forces that had been pulled out on the flat ground earlier

The difficulty of the first lap in this way ... I came to a hill climb over 10% coming soon with Kua's three-climbing hill climb

Well ... I was prepared, but it works from the first lap ... Some people have already got off the bike and pushed to walk

The top of the hill is supported by a family with a Japanese flag

I'm happy ~

"Please give me the second lap!"

Tell

The end of one lap after finishing two hill climbs ... Saikon should not be relied on, but it should have been more than 2 hours

So far, I have received a bottle of water at all aids and have been drinking a lot of water, but I still don't feel urine ...

The coach was told to add (urination) after 2 and 4 hours.

I'm ashamed, I'm still riding a bike ...

Of course, I did not do it in practice, and in past competitions

I was guarding (what?) That this line should not be exceeded.

Throw away the things that you want to throw away to ensure qualify acquisition this time!

... I decided to add it for my first ride? ! Try

Stop the leg on a gentle descent over 80km and put power into the lower abdomen ...

Eventually, this scene was n’t working and I just went to the second lap

On the second lap, pay attention to the replenishment, but feel that the bottles for replenishment (6 tablespoons of powdered rice + amino vital powder x 2) are enough in time and do not require so much gel (feeling hungry) Not) feeling

Still, I was scared of running out of gas, so I took some of the gel in the lunch box attached to the frame (8: 5 non-caffeine gels, 3 caffeine gels)

All the trash was put in the waist belt and thrown away in the trash dump zone near the aid.

In the end, Gel left only a few caffeine gels in the second half (a little refreshed after cutting off caffeine for two weeks).

I had almost no hands on the caffeine gel (another flavor) I had in my pocket on my back.

Go back to Datai's Monkey Zone on the second lap

There were quite a few acquaintances (the same age) as well ...

When I entered Datai, I passed the point where I had already finished a U-turn and went from the Datai course to the road in the northeast of the island.

I'm separated ...

I thought

Well, let's think after becoming a run

Switch easily

Perhaps I'm a little slower than the middle of the whole ...

The road going from the north east to the south east along the sea on the second lap seems to have more cars than the first lap.

There were scenes where I had to run along the shoulder with a track several times in front of me

Even though the road is bad, there are many holes and cracks along the shoulder ... If you are unlucky, it ’s a puncture.

And children everywhere

"Bottles are good"

(This is also quite abnai)

I heard in a prior briefing that if you see Marshall seeing the bottles handed over to these children, you will be penalized (considered as throwing away the trash), so the children who are not affiliated with Aid I'm sorry but I'm sorry

I was trying to raise empty bottles for the children near Aid's garbage dump

Aid over 130cm seems to have fewer water bottles, so there is only one water bottle that should have two places, so I miss it

I was fine because there was still a spare water bottle, but later I heard that the following group had already lost the water bottle from the aid of 90 tons

Speaking of which, there was never a squall that I was so alert on that day

Thanks to that, I was able to speed up the descent, but it seems that many people fell down due to heat stroke

Thanks to Mr. Y, I learned from the sauna every weekend and there was no problem with the heat.

Rather, it was more hot during the August double ride in Japan (two consecutive days of 180km).

Enter the city of Kua again after 150 km

So far it has been able to turn smoothly with a slightly higher value than the power distribution table

If you clear even the slope here, the bike is almost over.

... but not so sweet

The second slope is like another person

Was it so hard? !

... the legs are not heavy enough to think

Climb the slope with noronoro

The players around me are pushing the bike early and walking

Maybe it's faster to push and walk ...

I thought for a moment, but I passed the player pushing the bike right next to me

No matter how slow, the saddle is more advantageous!

And somehow in the inner low maiden gear and turn to the top

I ’m so bad… I ’ve sold my legs completely…

But this feeling has also been experienced once at IM Japan

"If you turn your leg, you will recover" Someone said

When I go down and turn the pedal with my leg

I felt that my power was gradually returning to mysterious things.

At the same time

"Still good"

I feel the power is boiling ... No, the watts are actually rising

It ’s over 160 liters, and the last aid has water and isotonic drinks.

This isotonic beverage is chilled with carbonated water

I wish I had talked for a long time ...

If you drink it, you'll feel better!

Oh ~ I'm still cool ~

And both Cadence and Watt actually went up, and the cruise speed also went up

There are more than 30cm remaining on the Saikon meter (^ _ ^;

In fact, the remaining 20

I was really motivated

Last try here!

I'm trying to make use of the downhill, but ... not enough

I tried to add on a motorcycle twice, but I didn't succeed

Well, if you really can't stand it, you can even run!

And again positive thinking

When those two tries were over

A signboard that looked enviable on the 1st Lap appeared towards "The 2nd lap is for Kotchi and Transition"

Probably less than 10 km left

... but where we have not run a test run from here

I'll feel the unfamiliar road for a long time ... (^ _ ^;

Children who can see only about junior high school students who were riding three people in Hara Chari came right behind

“Faster!”

Thank you for sending me an ale ...

Suddenly there was a shock to the saddle when I thought Nante ... (; ゜ Lo ゜)

It seems that it seems to fall dangerously as it tried to pull out the bottle from the bottle cage attached behind the saddle

“Oy!”

And disappeared immediately after yelling

Huh ... Why do you want a bottle so much?

If you get off here, there will be no children and no children

Carefully ... but the pace distribution is limited

Along a narrow road like a park, heading to a T-shaped boulevard that leads to T2…

Why there is no volunteer

right? left? Which one ... certainly it was right in the previous course introduction video ...

As you approach the T-shaped sticking

There was a small signboard

Right

... and volunteers sitting in a nearby chair ...

Oh ~ σ (^ ◇ ^;) I think it's hard in the heat, but please tell me which one ~

A crossroad again around the end of the big bridge

And ... this time there are no volunteers and no signs

Hey!

Go straight ahead but you can't see the previous player

I thought it would be awkward to slow down and go back to the crossroads, but the players from behind are running the same way.

There is no basis, but it's okay! If you think about ...

T2's MIEC (Mahsuri Merchandise Exhibition Center)!

Taking off your shoes while riding a motorcycle that you haven't done at all for the past few years

Get off at the point where you get off at the last minute and get on the sideways ... Get off the bike and give it to a nearby volunteer

◇ Run

Run around the run course installed in a cool T2 building (MIEC).

Legs are heavy but moving firmly

As the coach told me, be aware that the first hour (or 10 km) is easy and slow.

The sun is falling little by little, but the temperature is still high

It stops once at the Aid every two days,

Put ice in the ice bag and put ice in the cap.

Take a chilled mineral water bottle and apply it to your hands, shoulders, neck, head and chest

Only one cola and one isotonic drink

... that's the flow at Aid

YOME's special ice bag is a masterpiece, and you can hang ice water on your head and chest by running and melting in your hand, so you can always cool your body! In addition, because it is made of waterproof material, it will hold up to 2 kilometers ahead of the aid

Thanks to this ice bag, I was able to run comfortably to the end

The course leaves T2, runs along the airport, makes a U-turn next to the hotel near the goal (Meritus Pelangi), then goes to the T2 again through the gate near the goal ... 2.5 laps

After leaving T2 and exiting the airport, Mr. H from the strong team turned back.

It ’s fast! Almost one round difference! !

It is momentum to be wrapped

You can see the ranking by how close you are to H

(In fact, it ’s the top of the 45-49 H's, but it ’s not even under the feet.)

Also, I haven't been running for more than 5km, and I'm passing my 45-49 acquaintance and friend

I understand that I was clearly out of the slot range ...

No wonder and no tragedy

"I'm just starting to run"

And positive grounding

If you keep moving your legs, you'll recover.

Rather, I thought that the first 10km was a "bliss" time to rest my legs on the bike

I don't care no matter how late

After passing the hotel, make a U-turn, and pass 10km around the town again.

... but I didn't feel like I was putting my power on my legs

Umm, can I go one more step from here?

I thought, and when I looked at the time, I started running and it has not passed for 1 hour, so I revised downward

1 hour… Let's change gears around 13km…

Run again near the runway along the airport to the T2 venue

I feel hungry in the cold venue ... finally urine here!

This time! (` Д´)… and alone

I ’ll leave the T2 venue and enter the second lap…

From Mr. T's couple who rushed to support with Japanese triathlon friends

“I guess it ’s about 38th in age… I ’m catching up.”

He told me that it seemed to be awkward, but ...

“Thank you!

I am surprised at myself who is not depressed at all

“Yeah, I ’m still cool! I think I ’ll have 30 more.”

And this positive thinking

According to Garmin data, the pace was certainly stable in the first half of this second lap.

The reason for pace stabilization may be weight reduction

I try to enter the toilet immediately after leaving T2, but for some reason each aid has only one or two simple toilets (; °)

And roughly both are in use ...

After a few aids, I finally found a vacant toilet with an aid of over 20 km

Lightweight here, pretty refreshing!

Step forward lightly

I was able to understand that the ranking was gradually increasing, and I became more energetic

In addition, KonaChallenge member T and many other friends are motivated by exchanging ales when they pass each other.

From Mr. T who is also participating in the same age when passing the hotel on the second lap of the lap

“You ’re in the top 5 to Age 5 and you ’ve fallen to 5 and 30 minutes.

For example, a player who is far away runs on the same course

It ’s too much information just to be there

Thank you very much

Go to T2 venue three times with the second lap band on your arm

At this point it is over 30cm

It seems that it has been effective for the legs, and it seems to be twitching around

Support runners who are lit up on the runway

I wanted to finish while it was bright ... well, gingernai

Remove eyewear and prepare for evening run

By the time I left the third T2 venue, the sun almost fell and the heat of the day was moderated considerably.

YOME special ice bags that have been taken care of all this time are put in a pocket on the back, and from here it is replenished with water and cola at each aid

The runway on the third lap felt a long time, but here too, KonaChallenge member T encourages me and encourages me

After 39 km, it turned out that many athletes had already finished in the bustle of the hotel

... but I do n’t know where it ’s coming from

“Still awesome!

Make me think

The accumulation of hard and hard exercises so far would have been useless

"I worked so hard, there weren't many things I could do."

It seemed so long

This is thanks to the coach ... Thank you coach P!

After the third U-turn, to the red carpet leading to the goal

Dozens of meters

It was good whether it was ranking or time

I just came here

I'm happy that

The goal is empty and innocent!

After the goal

Look back

Know your time here for the first time

11 hours and 11 minutes ...

There is no such a feeling of regret or regret

Oh yeah ... I did everything I could ... This is my race

If you think you ’re feeling

Turn around again

... where it falls from the knee

MC's shoulder quickly lent me a shoulder

“I did my best. Do you sit and rest?

When,

I didn't know what happened for a moment

When I was relieved, it seemed that my strength had just been lost, and my strength returned to my legs immediately.

“Okay, because I ’m an ironman”

If you respond with a smile

"Ha ha ha!

"You are Ironman"

Praised me

The first thing I thought after the race was ...

I was hungry!

It doesn't go as expected

So it may not stop

That's what Ironman has to offer

Run 3:38:56 (2nd place)

◇ After the goal

Some toenails would have died

Legs are crumpled, but before that, I slow down (^ _ ^;

Get a complete polo and take a street gear back

So far, it ’s as fast as a cow

After finishing this "work", it is best to sit in a nearby chair

KonaChallenge member T who finished the goal soon returned to the hotel

First of all, shower and change of clothes

After that, two cheerful people enjoyed the nearby Malaysian food ♪

(Clean up later σ (^ ◇ ^;))

~ End ~

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya - thank you for your report. I think your translation software is pretty effective, as I understand almost everything you said. I agree that losing your timing chip was an issue, next time you want to make sure to insert a safety pin in there so that even if the Velcro comes loose, we do not lose the chip. It is mandatory here in the United States.

With those 10 minutes aside, we would have been under 11 hours and very close to your Time for IM Japan In 2015.

Looking at improvements for next time and easy win for you will be getting better at pushing the down hills. You did a lot of work, but not in the places where it would make you fast overall. We push the down hills because there is no cost for additional wants, and it does you maintain speed into the flats, making those slightly easier as well. I think @Akio Yamauchi going to explain this to you better than I am here.

Secondly I would like to see more photos of you from the bike portion of the race. I am still not satisfied with your bike fit as your front end is still way too high. It is possible that this first picture that you posted is from a part of the race where you were relaxing, so please send other ones along.

We can still learn from this race even if it wasn't as fast as you wanted!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya if you have a race report (in Japanese) could you post it to the EN in Japan Facebook group for your country men and women to read it?

• Options
    edited November 11, 2019 8:54PM

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

I have a Bike photo of IM Malaysia.

Together,

I also have photos and videos from last month's Bike test run in IM Korea.

Please tell me honestly.

Can I be stronger than now?

That is,

Will I be able to acquire enough power to get Kona's Qualification?

If possible, how long do you think we need to practice?

Actually, the other day, I talked with my wife about the future triathlon life.

My wife told me the following.

"If you play in Ironman in the future, make sure you get Kona's qualification. If it can be done next year, I will allow you to participate next year. If Bike is not strong enough and you still need a training period, you should not participate next year."

Our goal is not to finish the race.

To get a qualification for Kona and participate in Ironman WorldChampionship.

If that dream is feasible, I will make every effort.

Please tell me your honest opinion.

AND...

Could you add a new workout menu according to your idea?

The practice menu is only available until November 24.

FinalSurge from November 25 is blank.

Thank you.

Additional information (2019/11/10)

I'm getting frustrated.

I feel like trying again.

But,

If I participate in the race again, next time I want to overcome my weaknesses (Bike) and have the confidence and ability to secure the qualification.

For that, how should I strengthen it?

How long do I need for that?

If I can make it, I want to participate in the race next year!

Additional information (2019/11/12)

I thought that the absence of your reply meant that I should think more of myself... I relied too much on you. If I don't think of anything, I can't raise my own physical. I thought Team EN was about thinking for yourself and asking for your opinion about my thoughts.

I haven't decided on my next race yet, but I'd like to strengthen Bike one more step and build my body by next summer.

I thought of this and applied the menu to the FinalSurge.

*On 25/11/2019 Load the OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14 wks to end on 1/3/2020

After that, I'll apply the Swim Camp, Bike Focus and Full Bike Focus menus, and I'll apply the Ironman Transition Plan backwards from the race date as soon as my race is finalized.

For now, I am considering Ironman Malaysia as a strong candidate for the race.

Katsuyuki Kiya ~K2ヾ(^v^)k~

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya thanks for the bump...I have been very busy with new athletes and haven't been answering here as frequently as I should. My apologies. 😭

Can you get stronger on the bike? Yes...but there will be compromises:

• Not as much running as you will like.
    • More changes to bike set up to get more aero.
    • More cycling!

I think the best way for us to move forward is to establish what will be successful you on the bike. With those metrics in place, we can then train you towards those numbers. We can monitor your progress over time and decide how you are doing.

I don't think that Ironman Malaysia sells out early, which means we have probably four or five months to make progress - make a deadline of April 1 or May 1 for example?

If you are interested, that is how we can proceed....but first let me know if you agree.

~ Patrick

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

Good evening, Coach P!

I met Dave Scott in Tokyo the other day. He remembered talking to me last year. When I told him about IM Malaysia, he said, "The Challenge: Bike". You're the same.

I agree with you.

For the past year, I have had a good workout thanks to you. I want to receive your guidance from now on.

SO...

Did you notice anything when you saw my Bike position I sent you before?

AND THEN...

About the following advice from you...

・Not as much running as you will like.

Does this mean I should reduce the amount of practice for Run?

・More changes to bike set up to get more aero.

This may repeat the above question, but does it mean I should lower the handle (base bar) and lower my head further?

I'm stiff (Inflexible) so I think it's pretty difficult.

OR...

Do you mean I should put my chin on the top of the current aerobar when it is extremely raised?

(Like a Adam Hansen…https://www.triathlete.com/2019/11/news/pro-cyclist-adam-hansen-on-his-ironman-debut_385113

• More cycling!

Does this mean I should increase the amount of Bike practice (Amount and Frequency)?

Until next week, the practice menu is easy because it's after the race, but from the week after next, I added Out Season Plan to FinalSurge by my own decision.

Please let me know if you would like to change the content of the workout based on your answer above.

• Options
    edited November 19, 2019 8:10PM

@Katsuyuki Kiya Great to hear from you and awesome that you met with Dave Scott..He's a great guy and very smart.

Yes, we need to improve your bike position. Here is a picture from @Akio YamauchiAkio on the bike in Kona. You need to get your torso closer to the bike...all that open space on your biek fit really slows you down. It's like running with a parachute behind you.

If you can't get down like Akio then we could compromise and do something like Adam H...but note his torso is also parallel to the ground (he is still aero).

I don't think you need to run more. Running more would meAn less energy to focus on the bike. And could lead to more injury. The bike is where you need to grow.

You can do the O Splan, Bike Focus edition...and we should set some good FTP goals for you. You can start here... what is your best 20' test from 2019 and 2018, and what is your goal for 2020?

~ Coach P

• Options
    edited December 9, 2019 8:51AM

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

Congratulations to IM Arizona on winning the Age title!

Your performance is excellent.

I was very moved by you.

I talked to Akio about the aero position at Bike.

I asked him how he leaned his body parallel to the frame and how much flexibility he needed.

He said flexibility was not so important, it was a matter of getting used to it.

So this year I think I will lower the Bike handle a little more.

Akio also advised me that it is important to pedal with high power while relaxing.

In the future Bike training, we will not only work hard, but also try to relax and (so that the necessary forces can work,) pedaling while raising output (W).

Starting today, I added 14 weeks of Out Season Plan (Bike Focus) to the FinalSurge menu. I also added stretching and core training.

The 2019 Best FTP test was February 5, 2019 with a 20 minute peak power of 262 W.

(We didn't do FTP testing in 2018.)

The target for 2020 is to maintain an average peak power of 270 W or more for 20 minutes.

My biggest goal is to get Kona's quality in IM Korea (September) or IM Malaysia (October) in 2020.

Additional information (2019/12/9)

I feel that my physical condition is recovering little by little recently.

But even if I do FTP test, I think it is difficult to update my best.

I don't think the performance of LT of Run, FTP of Bike and IM Malaysia has returned to the previous level.

I have an asthmatic attack when it's cold, so it might be difficult to run high intensity outside, but I would like to do it along the menu as much as possible.

As I wrote in the questionnaire, I don't think I can make use of my data.

I would appreciate it if you could teach me how to use training peaks effectively.

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya - I will see what I can do to help you with Training Peaks; I don't have resources to teach others, but I will look.

Your OS plan looks good, but do not worry about fast running right now. Maybe 1x every 2 weeks you can run fast. The OS is more about adding run volume via frequency (Run Volume + Frequency = Run Durability) and pushing the bike. We want to push the bike now because  you don't have a lot of fatigue as you do when you are in season. So hard bike days and then rest days...you might not WANT to rest on Monday and Friday, but if you DO rest, you will be able to do more work in the training sessions! 💪

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

Certainly I feel a bit tired these days.

Monday is a full rest day, but if you are tired on Friday you will also take a rest.

For now, I swim as an active rest on Friday, giving priority to sleep. After that, I do strength training as well.

by the way

Tomorrow my overhauled bike will be back.

I tried to lower the steering wheel quite a bit, so I will tell you about the feeling I got on.

• Options
    K2 - yes to the rest in both days. It’s really critical so you can benefit
    from the hard work you are doing. Easy swim and/or weights is ok.

I can’t wait to see the pictures!

~ Coach P
  • Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

Hello Coach P!

I went on a long ride last Sunday.

I lowered the handle by 1cm, but I could ride comfortably without feeling tightness in my body.

Also, I can lower it by 0.5 cm, so I will lower the base bar at a motorcycle shop next time.

I took a video on my TT bike today.

As I said earlier, I will lower the handle for another 0.5 cm, but at this stage, the form is like this.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you.

Best wishes for the holidays and New Year(*⌒▽⌒*)

• Options

Katsuyuki, okay I have taken a look at the images you provided this time, and compared them to your prior photos. I like how your upper body comes back down now, to improve your aero position. It remains to be seen if you can ride outside like this (and look up to see where you are going) but this is a great step forward.

When you have a chance, please send me a video with you alternating 15 seconds of time in the aerobard and time sitting up with your hands near the brakes.

Thank you!

~ Coach P

• Options
    K2 - The position seems better to me, but I will need some time to do a
    comparison on my laptop computer. I will get back to you this week.

While you are waiting for me, is it possible for you to do a video from
    that same side position, but with you alternating 15 seconds in the aero
    bars and 15 seconds with your hands on the drops sitting up? It would be
    nice to see you pedaling in those two different positions. You can go
    back-and-forth three times for a total of 30 or 45 seconds.
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2020 2:04AM

@Coach Patrick

Good evening, Coach P.

This OS plan (Week 6) has 2 consecutive rides on weekends and a long run on Sundays (After Ride).

It's like a double ride with an IM plan.

If I adjust the output (Power), it is hard, but I think I can power up the bike and enhance the IM run.

I went to a bike shop today and they lowered the handle of my TT bike as much as possible.

Now the 1.5 cm handle is lower than before.

Today, I had a shop staff take a video of my bike (As instructed by you).

The first is the normal aero position with an aero bar.

The second is an aero position with a base handle.

The third position is the upright position with the base handle.

Please take a look at this video and let me know what you think.

I have a question.

Now I am doing 2 times a week of stretching training, and among them, I am doing "Monster Walk" which is on EN's menu.

In this video, I walk back and forth with my legs rotated (Rotate the hip inward).

Do I need to rotate my legs if I want to use it for bike and run training?

Isn't it OK to bend the hip joint (Like stepping your thighs back and forth)?

Please tell me how to do the Monster Walk.

《Postscript (January 14, 2020)》

@Coach Patrick

Did you see the accident last Saturday?

I included it in the Facebook message and FinalSurge's comment about the injury.

I will attach it here just in case.

Below is the message I sent you last Sunday.

I dropped my bicycle yesterday.

It was my single accident, so I didn't involve anyone.

I tried a long ride of 180 km yesterday. (First day of training camp with Yamauchi Akio)

In the early morning, I took an aero position on a bike path along the river.

I was riding straight on the road with my head and body down so that I could be caught by the airover.

Before I knew it, I was running over the center line, and the tire stuck in a ditch (2 cm crack) in the middle of the road, and it fell down from my shoulder to the right.

As for the bicycle, the handle (base bar) on the right side and the bottle cage behind the saddle were scraped off, and there was no problem with the driving system.

I have scratches on the outside of my right knee, the outside of my right knee, and my right buttocks.

The worst is my right shoulder.

I hit my right shoulder hard when I fell from the acromion of my right shoulder to the ground.

I don't think the bone (clavicle, scapula) is broken, but I can't raise my right arm.

Right shoulder joint: 90 ° in both flexion and abduction. (No problem extending.) The patient had pain at 60 ° when externally rotated.

I can't run because my arm swing hurts. I think swimming will be impossible for a while.

I think I can (The lower limbs have no problems except for injuries.) by bicycle.

(Yesterday, I dropped my car at the 110 km point, and from there I ran 80 km, for a total of 191 km.)

This is just a quick note.

https://blog.goo.ne.jp/livestrong1002/e/4d6ee703515750fab31fe1b21f90b79d?fbclid=IwAR0mEz2Fd5ecW2fe0-pKVzgevlURPLFWtrW0_KFx9d14b-Y7trYzxJW4bRU

I'm sorry for everything in Japanese.

This is a report about the car accident this time.

Please use translation software to translate and read.

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya I have read the report, thank you for the message...I am very sorry to hear What has happened. We all do this "zone out" accident when we lose focus on our surroundings, but yours sounds very painful. I can see from the bike path tHe exact crack you mention.

It is just enough to catch that tire, especially if you are in the aerobars. You are fortunate that your helmet did its job and that you weren't scraped badly on your legs, etc.

You have time to heal, and I think you should do the following:

• Continue Resting / Recovering.
    • Get X Ray of shoulder and update me on the doctor notes.
    • Stay active on the bike a few times a week (3 to 4) as you can bear the weight on your shoulder.
    • Plenty of walking and hiking.

Can you update me on how you feel now post accident?

Also, I wanted to reply to your videos of the new position...they look FANTASTIC! You are much more aero at this time, which means you will be faster on race day. This will make a large impact on your race performance this year.

But first business is to get your shoulder under control. Please post an update when you can.

~ Patrick

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

Sorry for the late reply.

I went to the orthopedic department this Tuesday (January 14) to take an X-ray and see a doctor.

... for diagnostic imaging

・No abnormality in acromioclavicular joint

・No clavicle/scapula/humerus abnormalities

said the doctor.

Ligaments around the acromioclavicular joint (acromion) are damaged, so rest for 1 to 2 weeks (Right shoulder flexion to 90 °).

The doctor said, "You can do the exercise of the lower limb, you can swim if you don't use the arm.".

At first, the pain in my right shoulder was so bad that I just had to hang down my arm (droop), and I had terrible pain gripping things and pulling the knob at the door.

I couldn't turn over, so I woke up many times in the middle of the night with stiffness and pain.

I try not to use my right arm as much as possible.

As of today (January 18), the pain has subsided a little, but it still hurts when I use my right arm (Taking notes, eating (use chopsticks), etc.).

The training shifted from the OS Plan (Week 8) scheduled for this week to the next week for 1 week. (As a result, OS Plan completion was delayed by a week. March 1 - March 8)

This week's training is

○Monday (2020/01/13) Bike Easy

53 ’ 06 ” 25.87 km AV 179 W NP 181 W 145/160 bpm 42.1 TSS IF 0.692 570 KJ

○Tuesday (2020/01/14) Bike VO2 *

*with a bit of power on Level 1

1: 02 ’ 36 ” 25.55 km AV 144 W NP 196 W 137/183 bpm 58.1 TSS IF 0.749 541 KJ

# 1: 03 ’ 01 ” AV 297 W 91 rpm APWR 5.12 171/182 bpm

# 2: 03 ’ 01 ” AV 295 W 91 rpm APWR 5.09 171/183 bpm

# 3 03 ’ 01 AV 263 W 87 rpm APWR 4.53 169/181 bpm

○Wednesday (2020/01/15) Easy (high revolution workouts)

30 ’ 48 ” 12.48 km AV 143 W NP 144 W 152/165 bpm 15.2 TSS IF 0.548 264 KJ

# 1: 30 ’ 02 ” AV 143 W 122 rpm APWR 2.47 153/164 bpm

○Thursday (2020/01/16) morning: Bike VO2 ※/evening: tempo

1: 05 ’ 25 ” 28.28 km AV 154 W NP 212 W 146/183 bpm 70.8 TSS IF 0.809 605 KJ

# 1: 00 ’ 32 ” AV 465 W 97 rpm APWR 8.02 168/176 bpm

# 2: 00 ’ 32 ” AV 415 W 91 rpm APWR 7.13 165/175 bpm

# 3 00 ’ 30 ” AV 424 W 91 rpm APWR 7.31 160/172 bpm

# 4: 00 ’ 32 ” AV 412 W 91 rpm APWR 7.10 158/172 bpm

# 5: 01 ’ 02 ” AV 294 W 87 rpm APWR 5.07 178/182 bpm

# 6: 01 ’ 01 ” AV 293 W 84 rpm APWR 5.05 163/174 bpm

# 7 01 ’ 01 AV 311 W 86 rpm APWR 5.36 161/174 bpm

# 8: 01 ’ 02 ” AV 314 W 81 rpm APWR 5.41 162/173 bpm

33 ’ 29 ” 17.52 km AV 205 W NP 207 W 156/176 bpm 34.4 TSS IF 0.791 412 KJ

# 1: 30 ’ 04 AV 211 W 102 rpm APWR 3.64 160/176 bpm

○Friday: Off Full rest day

○Saturday: Cruise & Crush Saturday Ride *

2: 31 ’ 42 ” 69.72 km AV 166 W NP 192 W 155/187 bpm 136.0 TSS IF 0.735 1514 KJ

# 1: 00 ’ 33 ” AV 431 W 98 rpm APWR 7.43 171/180 bpm

# 2: 01 ’ 02 ” AV 347 W 91 rpm APWR 5.98 174/181 bpm

# 3 01 ’ 31 ” AV 321 W 94 rpm APWR 5.53 178/185 bpm

# 4: 02 ’ 01 AV 292 W 89 rpm APWR 5.03 180/186 bpm

# 5: 00 ’ 30 ” AV 423 W 100 rpm APWR 7.29 175/183 bpm

# 6: 01 ’ 01 ” AV 314 W 97 rpm APWR 5.41 175/181 bpm

# 7 01 ’ 31 ” AV 301 W 96 rpm APWR 5.19 176/183 bpm

# 8: 02 ’ 01 AV 299 W 90 rpm APWR 5.16 178/187 bpm

# 9 ’ 00 ’ 32 ” AV 427 W 100 rpm APWR 7.36 179/185 bpm

On Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, I also did 30 minute muscle training at the gym (lower extremity).

I still have a little pain in my right shoulder when I dance at Bike, so I have not been able to do a full workout.

I can't swim because I can't lift my arm.

I can't swing my arm (especially the action of pulling the elbow), so I can't run.

I would like to resume the original program of the 8th week of OS Plan from next week, but I am going to do it as long as it doesn't cause any pain.

Was my aero position at Bike good?

I bought a new helmet, and I want to ride a Bike outside as soon as my shoulder pain goes away.

I have good news.

I told you before that I was selected as a member of the second team of the Japanese triathlon magazine, "Kona Challenge". (Do you remember?)

I was newly selected as a member of the 1st team because 4 members of the 1st team acquired Kona's quality at IM Taiwan last year.

I will have an interview with a magazine next Monday. So I borrowed an EN T-shirt from Yamauchi Akio, and I'm going to be interviewed wearing it.

I will report this matter again.

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya I am pleased to hear that you didn't break anything, but I know how painful your shoulder can be.

Did the DR prescribe anything for the pain?

It seems to be like a "separated shoulder" as we call it here in the US...and that rest is best for 2 to 3 weeks. This will be mentally hard for you; but I think that another week of down time, to rest the shoulder, is the best next step forward. So much goes into being healthy - nutrition, sleep, mindfulness...sometimes pushing exercise isn't the answer.

The good news is that you have already taken an easy week, so we only have 1 to 2 more to go. Options for you include:

• walking
    • Lower body core / strength
    • Yoga / flexibility

Can you hold off for one more week? In the long term, resting now will make more sense (and have a more positive effect) than ignoring the pain to workout.

~ Patrick

Ps I am very happy to hear you have been selected for this important honor. Your work ethic and focus are very strong. You are deserving of this recognition and I hope you are able to represent with your full character that which separates the ordinary athlete from the Ironman athlete!

Perhaps you can send a picture to us?

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

Good evening! Coach P

I still feel a little uncomfortable, but my right shoulder is getting better.

・I can run at a slow pace for about 15 minutes. (feel a little tense in one's right shoulder)

・It is possible to use the forearm in elbow flexion. (Bending of the upper arm alone is not painful, but holding objects or carrying a backpack is painful)

・My skill has improved (Right shoulder flexion to 180 °), but I can't put a load on it yet, so I won't swim until this week.

As you said, I will take a rest week until this week and do the same easy menu as last week.

Also, as you said, I delayed the entire schedule another week.

(OS Plan ended on March 15)

Come to think of it, you have a new plan, right?

Do you mean Bike Focus Plan and Full IM Plan?

Should I apply Full Bike Focus to my Final Surge after March 16?

by the way

I was interviewed by a triathlon magazine yesterday.

I haven't heard when the article will be ready (Online version or paper), but I will let you know as soon as I know.

I have good news for you.

On Sunday this weekend (1/26), feedback will be provided by Kona Challenge members of the triathlon magazine project.

Former Olympian Kona regular Kenji Takeya will be the commentator, and the first team of Kona Challenge members will probably have a discussion live online.

I will join as a member of the first team from now on.

My turn is 13: 35 ~ 13: 55 Japan time.

I'm going to wear an EN shirt.

Please look forward to it!

• Options

Thank you for the update! I am pleased to hear that you are regaining some flexibility in the shoulder joint, and that you’re being patient with the process. Shoulders are very unique in their construction and they cannot only pick a time for it to heal, but sometime for you to regain your functional strength. As you regain health, remember to keep up with the exercises that will help keep the joint happy and strong.

Thank you for the update! I am pleased to hear that you are gaining some flexibility in the shoulder joint, and that you’re being patient with the process. Shoulders are very unique in their construction and they cannot only pick a time for it to heal, but sometime for you to regain your functional strength. As you regain health, remember to keep up with the exercises that will help keep the joint happy and strong.

can you please remind me what your target races are for the season? I can see mentions of Korea and Malaysia above, but I would like to be able to map it out specifically in my usual way. It may not be felt for you to go right into a new plan at the end of the OutSeason depending how much longer we have until your race.

• Options
    edited February 3, 2020 1:35PM

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

Last week I had a magazine interview on Monday and announced a feedback meeting on Sunday ..., and I was all nervous.

Both of them wore EN shirts, and I promoted EN and Coach well.

You can watch the video here. (Japanese only)

(After the LIVE video starts, I will appear from 18 minutes 54 seconds to 51 minutes 30 seconds.)

Now,

For my IM race this year,

At this stage, Ironman Gurye Korea is the first candidate.

The other day, there was an announcement from the secretariat, and this year it will be held on Sunday, September 6, and the entries will start from the end of this month.

We applied the following exercise plan to FinalSurge:.

OutReason (Bike Focus) Plan (14 → 16 W ※ 2 weeks extension due to injury)

November 25, 2019 - March 15, 2020

Undecided(5W)

March 16, 2020 - April 19

Swim Camp (2W)

April 20 - May 3

Bike Focus Block (6W)

May 4 - June 14

Full Bike Focused (12 W)

June 15 - September 6

Just like last year, I did back calculation from race day and applied the plan, but March 16 to April 19 became blank.

What kind of training should I do during this period?

Let me know what you think.

The condition of my right arm is that it doesn't hurt to move my arm without putting a load on it.

I still have pain when I hold my luggage with my right hand or when I carry a Charderback on my right shoulder.

I'm thinking of turning off the swim until this week.

I ran Brick Run for just 15 minutes after last weekend's indoor roller (2.5 h), but it worked fine for a run of around 15 minutes.

I will increase the time of Run little by little this week and check my arm condition.

<<Postscript: February 3, 2020>>

My magazine interview the other day became an online article.

There are pictures of me wearing an EN shirt, and it is also reported that I am receiving your coaching (Endurance Nation).

(Sorry, they are all in Japanese.)

Please check it out.