Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Katsuyuki Kiya Official Coach Thread

Comments

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Thank you for your advice on hydration and nutrition!

150 g/1 hour (a cool day)

170 g/1 hour (a hot day)

200 mg of salt

I will try to supply the above nutrition when I go on a long ride.

I plan to use an expensive gel during weeks 15 and 18 "Race Simulation".

I am planning to use the high 5 gel (Regular gel and cafe gel) that you can buy cheaply at Wiggle.

Do you know?

https://highfive.co.uk/product/energy/energy-gel-2/

https://highfive.co.uk/product/energy/energy-gel-caffeine/

When I use expensive gel (Lace, etc.), I use caffeine in the second half of the bike and the second half of the run.

I love coffee, so I take caffeine every meal.

I didn't know the habit of my right ankle at all.

Thanks to your advice, I understand the cause of my ankle pain.

Thank you.

It's true that professional players keep their ankles horizontal from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock.

I took a video of my ankle condition when I went to Roller (Roller on last Sunday) the other day.

Please check it.

You mean pedaling with your feet (the base of the foot), not your feet (toe).

I will send you a picture of my shoes as well as a video.

Please check it together.

I have a question.

About Swim.

Maybe because I don't practice much, the average time for swimming doesn't go up.

I used to be able to swim 12 times in 1 minute 50 seconds circle in 100 meters, but now I can only swim 100 meters for 2 minutes.

Is it okay to be this late?

I dreamed recently.

It is a dream that on the day of Race, I will go up the swim to the bottom, and only my bike is left on the rack, so I will despair...

I was so shocked that I was stunned for a while.

Even with the recent 1000 mTT, it takes only 20 minutes.

Should I practice Swim more?

I also attach the video of the swim I took last month.

Let me know what you think.

Katsuyuki Kiya ~K2ヾ(^v^)k~

• Options

Ok, thanks for the message. I know you are trying to keep your foot flat, but I don’t think you can. Your seat is too high for that. In addition, your clean is VERY far forward. Here is a picture of my cleats…you want your cleats to be further back so you DO NOT use your calves when pedaling.

You can see (1) that there is a lot of room from the toe of my shoe to the tip of the cleat and (2) that the screws are to the top of the space on each cleat while yours are at the bottom.

I think You will need to drop your seat down a bit to accomplish this change...but perhaps you talk to your bike fitter first? Let me know how you want to proceed.

For the swim, 10" slower is not bad right now (we are early) but you can make some improvements. Your video shows me that you are (1) very relaxed...good! (2) very long in the water...good! (3) you pull "under" your body....bad! (4) your hand is stopping at the front when you reach out...bad.

Change 1 = Hands out to sides as if you are climbing a ladder. We want high elbows under the water...we get that by pointing your fingertips at the bottom. Also, the hand should pass the side of your body, not your belly button.

Change 2 = Fingertips never stop moving. I want you to continue to be relaxed and glide with your body, but your fingertips need to keep moving. So when you hit full extension, while you are gliding, your break that wrist and your finger tips start pointing down to the bottom to create the catch. You will need to move the arms a little bit faster.

Both of these changes are easier with a pull buoy between your legs at first so you don't have to worry about kicking.

Let me know what you think!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P, thank you for your advice!

I will adjust the cleat position.

Regarding the position of the Bike,

The geometry is different between road and TT Bike, so I will take a video and send it to you with TT bike.

However, I don't want to change my position as I have 8 weeks left until Race.

I made a big improvement by changing the position you pointed out.

I've been in this position for a long time, so I'm getting used to it.

Thank you for advice about swimming.

Your swim commentary video was very clear and understandable.

Thank you very much.

Keep a high elbow and try not to let me hand get in the water.

Also, try not to stop the movement of the hands (fingertip).

Actually, I was told to swim rather catch-up by the coach who teaches me at the swimming practice session in the morning, and I had to wait for my hands in front of me many times.

I think it has an effect.

However, I noticed from your advice that my swimming speed became slow after I started to swim like catching up above.

Swimming in competitive swimming may be different from swimming in triathlon.

First, I will practice the advice you gave me.

BY THE WAY,

Do you remember that you asked about caffeine intake before?

Is there anything I should change about the habit of taking caffeine?

I have a question today.

Last Saturday I hurt my left groin in the Bike Challenge Ride (180 km Long Ride). I feel pain when I pull my leg up, so I think it's probably iliopsoas (Pass through the inguinal ligament).

The symptoms are getting better little by little, but it still hurts even when I'm walking.

Therefore, may I change the training menu as follows?

a complete rest day on Monday (Today)

Tuesdays swim (easy) 60 minutes

Wednesday swim (easy) 60 minutes

Thursday run (Low TRP) 60 minutes, run (Low TRP) 60 minutes or swim (easy) 60 minutes

Friday Swim (Red Mist * According to the menu)

Saturday Run (TRP) 40 minutes, Bike Long (Zone 1 ~ 2) 4 hours 30 minutes

Sunday Bike (Zone 1 ~ 2) 3 hours

If it hurts, I will change the menu for the second half of the week.

I think the Bike test (FTP Test) and the Run test will only make my symptoms worse, so I'm thinking of passing this time.

Now, the temperature in Japan is over 30 ° C and the humidity may be 100%.

It has become difficult to do the training according to the menu.

Depending on the weather, I may also change the menu.

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Emergency!゚Д゚)Σ(Д゚;/)/…エエ!?

My right back tooth is broken.😭

According to the dentist, it was probably because of the hard workout and the bite was too tight.

It was a while ago when the broken tooth got infected with bacteria and the area around the back tooth is rotten.

I'm going to have my tooth pulled out this Saturday, but I heard that it will be a large-scale surgery to cut the surrounding bones.

The dentist says,

You can work from today until Saturday, but don't work out.

The dentist told me not to work on Saturdays and not to work.

No training for 1 week (until August 3) after tooth extraction.

He said.

In short, I can't do training for almost 2 weeks.

Will there be any major changes to the menu in the future?

• Options

K2! OMG I am so sorry to hear about your tooth. You can't workout because  of the blood pressure (it will really hurt your tooth). So we are 14-ish days down from training.

You have done a ton of hard work, so the fitness will be there...and I can make a plan to get you back on track.

It's not terrible...your leg hurts a bit, and you have a big training load, and you need to rest. Now you have to rest. So we adjust.

Here is what you can do:

• Work on flexibility and core strength (some planks and bridges, for example).
    • Spend time in sauna to get used to heat and humidity.
    • Get your bike tuned up / repaired for race day while you can't train.
    • Be a super hero at work and do all the things you haven't been doing!
    • Be a super hero at home and do all the projects you haven't been doing!

I am sure you can think of more things...let me know, I can help you right now with some planning.

Please write back after your surgery so you can update me on what your surgeon says for recovery!

Sending you wishes for minimal pain,

~ Coach P

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya how is the groin / psoas feeling today?

• Options

@Coach Patrick

P Coach

Thank you for contacting me.

My left inguinal pain is getting better day by day.

However, I still have a slight pain when I bend my hip joints deeply.

Today, I tried to ride a roller with a light gear for less than 20 minutes.

When I started turning it, I felt a little uncomfortable, but when my body warms up, it almost disappeared.

I turned it with an inner for the first 5 minutes, then turned it with about 80 turns without applying a load, and it seemed okay without pain, so I put the gear into the outer and turned it with a light gear.

I tried turning it at about 160 W for about 20 minutes, but there was no problem.

However, I noticed a slight discomfort in my left groin when I walked out.

I felt that the pain wouldn't go away completely unless I rest well.

I will stop both Run and Bike (ROLLER) at least from today to Saturday for tooth extraction and 5 days after tooth extraction.

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya - sounds like a good plan to me. I hope the tooth process is successful for you!

• Options

@Coach Patrick

My tooth was extracted successfully last Saturday.

I took four days off, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

I have almost no toothache now.

I still have a little pain in my groin, but I think I can exercise.

I'm thinking to start exercising little by little from tomorrow.

For the time being, I will do it lightly with a light run and a roller tomorrow.

What kind of menu should I do from now on?

Can I go back to the menu as planned?

• Options
    edited July 31, 2019 11:00AM

That’s great update on your tooth. Take it easy with straws, it’s not a good idea to “suck” anything down!!!

As for the ready of your training, since you are in week 13 yes plse to continuing. Not sure you can swim yet (that is ok) but you should be able to do it all safely except the Sunday split run.

I don’t want you to push too much run mileage and get injured. Total Sunday run is 2:30, so let’s do 30’ brick on Sat, then 1:00 Sunday AM and 1:00 Sunday PM. Will that work for you?

~ Coach P

ps - did you make bike position change to prevent ankle pain?

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

Maybe because I took a rest for a while, I feel that the performance has fallen considerably.

Yesterday, I rode (I lowered the intensity a little.) Bike Full SST1 in the morning (Thursday, August 1), and at night I participated in the team's running practice session and ran the build up for 60 minutes.

The dehydration was so bad that the damage remained until this morning.

I was planning to go on a long ride for Saturday this morning, but I couldn't get up because I was tired, so I spent two hours roller inside the door. (race pace)

To prevent the pain of the ankle, I changed the position of the cleat first.

There was no pain with this today.

I'm concerned about the pain in my left groin that woke me last night.

I'm relieved that I didn't have any pain from yesterday's run, but I thought I would go to the hospital this morning if it hurts so much.

Strangely, when I woke up this morning, the pain in my left groin had gone.

There was no pain even with today's roller.

Tomorrow, I will go to the dentist, and I will remove the tooth last week and the suture to the wound.

It may be better to do it easily this week.

• Options

Thank you for the update. Yes, when you stop exercising your body stops being used to the heat. Transitioning back to being active in the heat is very difficult. I agree that an easy first week will be important. This is because you are adapting to the exercise and the heat, which makes it twice as hard.

I am pleased to hear that your ankle did not have any pain after moving the cleats. That is very good news. As I mentioned earlier, you might need to be careful with how you drink while exercising once you get the suture in your mouth. Please listen to your dentist on this.

I am hopeful that the pain in your left groin has subsided. I do agree that if you feel pain when you are not exercising that you should get it checked out at the hospital.

Looking forward to your next update!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya - six weeks to go!!! I know that's crunch time, and you are concerned..but I wanted you to know that you are in a great place despite the time off, etc. Here's a review of your bike...

This compares this year to last year. Last year you trained a TON of time, but this year you are stronger.

• VO2 Max is 18w Higher
    • FTP is 16w Higher
    • 5hour pAVG is way higher (pNorm only a bit)

To put it another way, you are stronger this year than last year, but we still have to capitalize on this for race day.

Training:

• We need a few more long rides, to focus on steady pacing and great hydration. You have to weight yourself before and after to make sure you don't lose too much weight.
    • Run Frequency is key...I don't know if you can do a long run, but if you can get 3 mor weeks in the 35 to 40 miles range that would be GREAT.

Nutrition:

• See bike "weight" notes above...it will be hot so you have to be able to drink a lot, with salt, so you can be strong on the run. The run will be all about staying wet, ice in hat and down shorts, to stay cool.

Recovery:

• More sleep is good.
    • We need to make sure your hip is ok so rest if needed...keep the runs on flat surfaces.

Let me know what you are thinking!

~ Coach P

• Options

Coach P

Thank you for very nice information.

Indeed, I may be a little nervous 6 weeks before the race.

There are times when I can't practice as scheduled because I'm busy with work, but what I was worried about the most was how strong I was able to grow.

Especially on my weak bike, the FTP test result was not good, so I was worried if it would be okay on the day of the race.

So the data you showed me is the best thing for me now.

*Pacing on a long ride (Watch out for dehydration!)

*Increase the frequency of runs

*Actively consume water and use hats and pants (?!) for orchids

*get a good night's sleep

*My butt?! Let it rest properly.

I got it!

What I am concerned about now is

*It's so hot outside that the pace of the run doesn't go up and I can't run a long distance.

*an unstable swimming pace (1: 50 ~ 2: 00/100 m).

*The pain in the left groin is barely noticeable on Bike, but it feels a bit odd on runs (Jog can run about 15 km.), and it is too painful to train in the left leg on priometric training with a running drill.

*Is it possible to achieve a high performance in 3 consecutive events of ironman's distance (3.8 km swim, 180 km bike, 42 km run)?

But,

I always get impatient every time I race, and it breaks down by increasing the amount of practice, so now I trust you and try to make sure to do the ordered menu.

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya -

Thank you for you quick reply.

First, do not worry about the run pace. You are a strong runner. You need to stay hydrated (want to pee 2x on bike, have extra salt incase you take in extra fluid) and wet (pour water on yourself at every aid station). This will keep your heart rate down and allow you to run well.

The early miles on the run will be difficult, we solve this by putting a ceiling on your heart rate for the first 6 miles. You can’t run faster than your bike average heart rate for the last hour. So if you do 135 bpm on the bike in the last hour, you can’t run harder than 135 bpm in the first six miles. This avoids heat accumulation…during this time you are drinking and eating on the run, and also getting wet.

Once you are through the 6 miles, then you can start to get to work and run down all the people that made bad decisions on the bike and early on the run. 

That said, the weather at Korea hasn’t been terrible in the past…humid yes but not outright hot...here you go:

Also note that 2018 times were very fast, but 2017 times Were more normal.

For your training, do not do the plyometrics any more... And it's it okay to "cap" the long run for now. On race day you will be rested and can push through (as long as you are safe).

You don't need a high performance in all three. You need a steady swim, a solid bike (I believe you can go sub 5:30 for sure) and then your normal run despite the heat. That will be very competitive.

Question - Will you be able to swim with a wetsuit on race day?

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

The race is now five weeks away.

In Tokyo where the heat wave continues every day, I think I am doing well except Run.

A race simulation is scheduled for this weekend, but it may be difficult because the weather forecast says a typhoon is approaching on the weekend.

So, I tried a race simulation last week on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Friday Swim 4200 m

Saturday: Long Ride 180 km + Brickrun 10 km

Sunday 30 km long run

For the 180 km long ride, I ran at a slow pace until 150 km, and after that I got a little stronger.

I was stung by a bee on the way, but I'm getting used to running 180 kilometers slowly.

My heart beat in the last 1 hour of the Long Ride was around 140 ~ 150 so Brickrun was going to run at around 150 as you said, but the temperature went up and my heart beat went up a lot.

The next day, I ran 30 km for the first time in a long time. I started early in the morning when it was cool, so it was fine until about 20 km, but it was hot in the latter half of the 10 km and dehydration was terrible, and at the end my pace slowed down considerably.

I was actively covered with water, but the heat in Tokyo at this time is very dangerous.

I was surprised that I lost 2 kg when I weighed after running 30 km.

Regarding the injury,

No more prime metric training.

I didn't feel any pain for the previous 3 days.

There is no problem with the left inguinal region.

I haven't had a pain in my right ankle since I changed the position of the cleat you advised me.

Regarding the question you asked,

>Question - Will you be able to swim with a wetsuit on race day?

The question is, do I have a wetsuit? Do you mean?

I have a wetsuit.

In addition, IM Korea has a very low temperature when you swim (The outside temperature of IM Korea 70.3 where I participated was less than 10 degrees.), so you will be allowed to swim.

• Options

K2 -

I am pleased with your progress here. And I think that the bike went really well. A 5:46 in training for 180km is very strong, considering you have only beaten that time in one ironman (very flat in Texas). 

2kgs is a lot to lose on the run. Two things here to note. First, you can’t eliminate the hydration cost of running by drinking on the run…it’s too hard to drink enough and run. Second, this is why bike hydration is key. Weigh yourself before and after bike to see how you are doing there. If you enter run in good hydration you will be able to run. If you enter run in a dehydrated state, you will suffer. 

I am very pleased you have no pain right now. 

We will soon need to talk about a race plan…but not yet. 

What do you think your swim time will be in a wetsuit at Korea. Based on previous results I am guessing 1:08 to 1:10?

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

It is thanks to you that I can run stably with this long ride.

I've never run 180 kilometers in practice before an IM race.

Now, if it is only a long ride of 180 kilometers, there is no anxiety at all.

However, I have never been able to run in Watts (AVP 178 W) at your specified race pace.

I always ride for a long time, so I seem to save power unconsciously.

I think the 5 and a half hour ride (AVP 177 W) I went on an indoor roller on June 15 was close to the race pace.

(This is @ Akio Yamauchi uploading his own 2017 IM Korea data to "Best Bike Split" and creating Zwift data from his driving logs 'Run it for 5 hours and 10 minutes at 179 w.' for me.)

In the long ride from now on, I will do my best to improve my AVP a little more and run close to the race pace.

I think the 2 kg weight loss after the 30 km run last weekend is caused by the heat.

In IM Korea, as you pointed out before, the heat is not so bad, so I don't think dehydration with orchids is as bad as it is now.

I understand your words that just drinking water doesn't stop dehydration. I will try to drink water from Bike positively from now on.

Also, as you told me, I always weigh myself before and after Bike or Run these days. (In addition, I check my weight every morning when I wake up.)

In my case, I will lose weight soon, so I will try to take water and nourishment positively.

Actually, I am very worried about Swim.

Because my swimming pace is not stable at all.

Even when I felt good, it took more than 2 minutes for 100 m, and when I was tired today, I could swim 100 m in about 1 minute 50, so I don't know how I'm doing at all.

In the past, I have had surprisingly good records in IM Canada (1: 10) and IM Japan (1: 06), but in the domestic race in 2017, it took 1: 06 for the Swim 2.5 km.

(If I had to say the difference, IM Canada and IM Japan were a lake, and the domestic race was a mass start in the rough sea.)

Also, I think IM Canada and IM Japan were lucky. Because a little faster swimmer than I was swimming without snaking in front of me, I didn't have to head up behind him, I just had to watch the foam of the player's kick and swim by dragging.

Also, Japanese pools are so mixed that I can't keep swimming at my pace.

In addition, we have a break once an hour, so we have to get out of the pool.

So in IM Korea, if I'm lucky enough to have a swimmer at just the right pace (If the player swims without missing the course) in front of me, I might be able to swim around 1: 10 ~ 1: 16 (About 100 meters for 2 minutes.).

Should I practice swimming a little more?

• Options

It sounds like you need to draft well to have a good swim...so that is your mission. You can swim 3 sessions a week now, and go to 4 sessions for the last Two weeks as you taper (weeks 19 and 20).

The bike ride you did was very good; success on race day will be to bike smart the first 30 minutes so you can start eating and drinking.

It doesn't matter what your swim Time is, you still need to bike smart so you can run your personal best run on the day.

The key to being faster on race day is staying very aerodynamic and biking the hills with your head (not your legs). Here is a good resource for you: https://www.endurancenation.us/cycling/how-to-tame-the-hilliest-bike-course-the-en-way/ You can also talk to @Akio Yamauchi About this style of riding.

You will want normalized power 3 second average on your bike computer, and have your bike computer Auto Lap every 5 miles so you are riding the right power. And you want to know your long ride avg Heart Rate so you can be confident your power isn't ruining your aerobic capacity for the run!

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

I did it all!

🏊Swim Race Rehearsal (August 14) 3825 m1: 12 ’ 51 ”

🚴Bike Race Simulation (August 16) 183.85 km 5: 46 '23

🏃Run Race Brick (August 16) 12.01 km 55 ’ 18

🚴Bike Long (August 17) 183.32 km 5: 49 ’ 18 ”

🏃Run Race Brick (August 17) 6.04 km 28 ’ 59

🏃Run Long (August 18) 24.02 km2: 09 ’ 22 ”

I was able to do all the training according to the menu.

In TP, my fatigue rate is 38, but I actually pushed myself until I fell down.

Today (August 19) is a perfect rest day.

The menu from tomorrow (August 20) is

*Bike Max Effort

Wednesday, the day after tomorrow is Swim (Tempo 200 s.) and RunFTP

and the menu.

I think I should rest a little.

During the training camp last weekend, @ Akio Yamauchi trained with us.

He said, "Rest for 3 days after a double ride (Run a 180 km ride for 2 consecutive days)"

What kind of training should I do this week?

• Options

I am very pleased with your performance, you really reach the next level with your focus on both days. Now we must be smart this week as you have noted.

I deleted some workouts, and adjusted the Thursday and Saturday bike workouts as well. This whole week is about absorbing the last weekend like a sponge. We are not building fitness now, we are consolidating it. This is true all the way until Sunday’s long run which I expect to be a good session.

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

I really appreciate you.

Until last month, I thought I couldn't have such a hard menu (double ride).

However, by following your menu, I was able to finish all the training menu of last weekend with confidence.

I am glad that I trusted you and finished the menu.

Thank you for adjusting the menu for me.

Thursday's Bike is at level 1.

Ride on Saturday is up to 5 hours.

Is that right?

I have a question for you.

I felt something after training camp last weekend.

1. Should I control my race pace with power (W) or speed (km/h)?

At the training camp last weekend, the first day was windstorm and the second day was extremely hot.

On the 1st day, I could easily get 45 km/h with the tail wind, but I could only get 20 km/h with the head wind, so I thought of keeping the power at least constant, but I felt that the fatigue was totally different with the tail wind and the head wind even with the same power.

In the end, I was desperate to control the bike so that Bike wouldn't be blown away, so I couldn't even control the power.

The 180 km pass time on that day was around 5: 35, but I couldn't do "Maintain a level of pacing" as you instructed.

On the 2nd day, the temperature was over 30 ° C from the start, and the humidity was quite high due to the rain the day before, so it was in a tough condition. Regarding the pacing of your instruction, I could not manage the pacing because the output (W) fell during the latter half of the ride.

In the actual race, I thought the result would be how fast I ran rather than how much power (W) I could run.

Also, there is 1 race simulation (September 7), should I only care about the output (W)? Or should I have a speed conscious ride?

2. Should I lower the lace strength (W) setting? (I have not yet achieved the power based that you set.)

For the long ride on the 1st day of training camp, the average AVP was 160 W and NP was 166 W.

On the 2nd day, the average AVP was 148 W and the NP was 154 W.

It was not far from the power based 179 W (Flat/Roll Headwind.) in IM Korea that you told me before.

I somehow got the feeling of running 180 km at 5:30, but I felt it was difficult to run 180 km with AVP 179 W with my current power.

Should I set the Power Based for the race a little lower?

3. Should I increase the frequency of Brick Run?

The most difficult part of this training camp was the run after Bike.

My TRP is 4: 13 ~ 4: 07/km, but I find even this speed difficult these days.

Of course, it may be because of the heat, but this brick-run was a terrible time.

Day 1 12.0 km 55 ’ 18 ” 4: 37/km 158/170 bpm.

Day 2 6.04 km 28 ’ 59 ” 4: 47/km 149/164 bpm

Day 3 24.0 km 2: 09 ’ 22 ” 5: 21/km 129/147 bpm

In addition, I could not do the 1st and 2nd day of "run the first run so as not to exceed the beat of the second half of Bike." which you instructed me.

I still had some physical strength on the 1st day, but I didn't think I could run another 30 km at this pace.

On the third day, my legs were heavy and I had to run at a surprisingly slow pace.

After all, there is a big difference between the practice of running only and the run after Bike (Brickrun.).

Should I increase the number of Brick Runs?

• Options

K2 - you are very kind; these are my ideas but you are doing all the hard work! 💪

i still want you to ride with power target, then with Heart Rate cap. We can shoot for 165 in your race rehearsal in the near future. Do not worry about km/h only power...165w into wind or with wind at your back, it is still 165w.

Speaking of target watts, what is on your data screen? We recommend 3s Norm Power at top, with Lap Norm Power and HR at the second level, then total time and total distance. We set the auto lap to happen every 5km so you are always riding to a new power target.

Uea to brick runs but keep them short and fast; something like 2k our at Z3, 2k back at Z2.

Your fitness is there, you are Suffering from fatigue and that incredible heat!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

Just like the heat two weeks ago was a lie, the weather was mild last week and I was able to train comfortably.

I thought the heat was hurting the orchid performance.

On Sunday (August 25), I was able to run very comfortably because I was able to raise my pace at last.

As you told me, I changed the Bike display screen.

There are only three weeks left before the race, but I have been able to continue training without any pain or injury.

What I'm worried about now is whether the plane can fly safely.

As you know, the number of flights between Japan and Korea is decreasing due to diplomatic issues.

The flight I am going to use (Air Busan.) also announced the schedule of suspension additionally.

Fortunately, the day we use it is not included, but the future is still undecided.

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya - I saw the run workout and was suitably impressed for sure. I can safely say that you are fit and ready for the race. As for the airplane issue, I don't think you can stress too much -- it is our of your control. We train and prepare and race plan. If we need to adjust, we adjust.

~ Coach P

• Options

Coach P

I don't feel so tired, but as you said,

I will work out tomorrow and the day after tomorrow while watching the situation (physical).

BY THE WAY,

I have never swum in a wetsuit this year.

Should I swim in a wet suit before the race?

〜K2

• Options

YES to wetsuit and YES you are tired. Your FTP workout on Wednesday showed us. We need to be smart here!

I am modifying the menu in Final Surge....

~ Coach P

• Options

Coach P

Wednesday's menu was certainly hard.

I slept for 8 hours today and passed the morning training.

I was planning to run 30 km at night, but I will take a complete rest today as you instructed.

I plan to go swimming in a wetsuit in the ocean on the weekend (Sunday).

So I changed the menu for tomorrow (Thursday) and Sunday.

I want to eat a lot and sleep well today.

~ K2

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Coach P

I have a question about the workout from tomorrow (Week 18).

"Bike FTP" on Wednesday (September 4) is the same menu as last week. Should I do it with the same contents?

I did "Bike FTP." on the same menu last Wednesday, and it affected my work from exhaustion. There is also a race simulation on the weekend, so I think I should make the menu easy or something else.

What do you think?

For the weekend (Saturday.) Bike Race simulation, I plan to take a day off from work and train for 1 day. I will be staying at a training camp on this day, so I can continue riding my bicycle in a more race-like situation (It's almost flat and a riverside cycling road, so I can run 180 km non-stop.).

BY THE WAY,

The menu for the next day (Sunday?) is "Bike Steady + Town Line 3: 30 ’ 00 ”". Don't I have to do Run Long?

If you are going to do the lace simulation from Friday,

Friday: Swim Lace Simulation (3.8 km)

Saturday: Bike Race Simulation, Run Race Brick

Sunday: Run Long

Wouldn't (like the last lace simulation,?) be better?

Please tell me what you think.

P.S.

I swam 4000 in the sea today.

The wetsuit had no problem at all.

(It was hard to wear, but there is no problem to take it off.)

• Options

K2 - nice job on the swim and thank you fOr the video. So cool to see you in open water! Hopefully you can get at least one more wetsuit / open water swim.

I am pleased you rested and were able to do a good 30km run. That is smart. It's not easy to skip a workout, but it's the right call.

1. You have an adjusted week this week....starting with a rest / optional swim day (more swimming in these two weeks!)
    2. I moved the workouts around to get you the Friday Swim, Saturday Race Sim, Sunday long run.
    3. If you can run off the bike on Tue / Thur that would be good...even for just 2 miles.

Please review the menu ate let me know what you think!

~ Coach P