Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Katsuyuki Kiya Official Coach Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 1, 2020 11:15AM

@Coach Patrick

OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan Week3 (11 / 23-11 / 29)

◇ Training content ◇

November 23 (Monday)

R-Body Exercise Ver.03 41'09 ”

Bicycle outside riding (Kamakura-Hiratsuka): 41.82km 1: 18'02 "

Zaimokuza OWS: 1122m 25'42 "

11/24 (Tue)

Bike Build Intervals 3 (3 x 12'(4') as 7'@ Zone 3 (210 --223 watts), 3'@ Zone 4 (249 --262 watts), then 2'Best Effort.) / ZA Road Race # 1: 3.2-4 w / kg: 37.81km 1:28'13 ”

(234w, 229w, 223w)

Run Strides (160m x 4): 5.06km 24'01 "

(30 ", 30", 29 ", 29")

11/25 (Wednesday)

Wup Bike: 11.64km 27'06 "

OS Run Intervals 3/4 (9 x 400 @ Zone 5 (3:18 --3: 24 min / km) with 1.5'jog / walk after each.): 7.04km 30'11 "

(1'23 ", 1'27", 1'28 ", 1'24", 1'22 ", 1'24", 1'26 ", 1'28", 1'26 ")

R-Body Exercise Ver.02 + α 46'13 "

Thursday, November 26

Bike Sweet Spot (2 x 20'(5') @ Zone 3 (210 --223 watts) to Zone 4 (249 --262 watts) (90% FTP)) / Zwift DCU – Feltet.dk November series (B): 36.33 km 1: 18'40 ”

(232W 3.87W / kg, 220W 3.67W / kg)

Brick Run: 6.08km 29'18 "

11/27 (Friday)

R-Body Exercise Ver.02 + α 42'32 ”

Swim, OS Supplement (MS: 5 x 200 (20') descend 1-3, 4-5. 100 easy swim. 4 x 25 sprint): 2500m 45'48 "

11/28 (Sat)

ABP Bike (30'x 2 + 20'@ Zone3 (210 --223 watts) + 5'x 3 @ Zone 4 (249 --262 watts).): 72.50km 2: 42'17 "

(203W, 204W, 206W, 256W, 246W, 250W)

Brick Run: 6.09km 27'56 "

11/29 (Sun)

Wup Bike: 11.43km 26'35 "

Long Run: 20.14km 1: 30'40 "

○ Training summary (11 / 23-11 / 29: ATL138, CTL143, TSB15 / 14: 13hms, 908TSS)

OS (OutSeason) plan 3rd week.

This is the third OS plan to be welcomed at EN, but it still takes time to get fit.

In the original OS plan, swim and strength are treated as options.

Strength is a complement to your workout, and swim is an addition if you wish to continue.

Considering my lifestyle, weekends are also work, so it is necessary to devise a little to implement a large menu on weekends in the original menu, but OS plans basically end in a short time, so adjustment is possible ..

In the original OS plan, there is a run (L) on Friday, but cut it. By that amount, recovery is prioritized for sleep time.

The contents of the week are as follows.

① Current workout

* Priority: H ... high, M ... medium, L ... low, A ... added

Monday Active Rest: Strength (A), Swim (A) Easy

Tuesday Bike (H) Hard, Run (L)

Wednesday Bike (A) Up, Run (H) Hard, Strength (A)

Thursday Bike (H) Middle, Run (A)

Friday Active Rest: Strength (A), Swim (A) Easy

Saturday Bike (H) Long, Run (A) Brick

Sunday Bike (A) Up, Run (H) Long

Recovery is Monday and Friday.

I put a swim in it, but I'm just getting used to it and relaxing my body.

Right now, I'm considering whether to eliminate the run after Thursday's bike point training.

Also, if the recovery still doesn't seem to be in time, cut the run after the bike point training on Tuesday.

If it affects Sunday's run, cut Saturday's brick run (which is fine for now).

Swim only once a week.

If you cut the amount of practice the most and make it slim, it will be as follows.

② Slimmed down (recovery priority) workout

* Priority: H ... high, M ... medium, L ... low, A ... added

Monday Active Rest: Strength (A)

Tuesday Bike (H) Hard

Wednesday Bike (A) Up, Run (H) Hard, Strength (A)

Thursday Bike (H) Middle

Friday Active Rest: Strength (A), Swim (A) Easy

Saturday Bike (H) Long

Sunday Bike (A) Up, Run (H) Long

Currently, I am able to train within the range that I can recover (without accumulating fatigue) by doing the workout plan of ①.

* Even with TP, considering that the CTL has gradually decreased from 150 to 146 to 143 in the last three weeks, I think it is not overwhelming.

It's still a trial and error, but I would like to make fine adjustments to the current environment little by little so that I can continue training with the original menu as much as possible.

by the way…

I managed to endure the "Black Friday" attack from last weekend ... I'm relieved to be able to finish this year without doing anything (^ _ ^;

Socks with holes, transparent rapan, bike shoes with cracks in carbon, etc ... No problem for home use!

My father will endure for the future Kona (son) ( ̄ ^  ̄) ゞ

🏊 Swim

This week is OWS on Monday's public holiday. 40 minutes easy at the neighborhood pool on Friday.

I put up with team training on the weekend for a while. There are many merits of receiving guidance in team training, but you can swim independently for two weeks at the same expense.

For the time being, get used to the water with the active rest of the OS plan and relax your body.

Even so, it's fun to recreate it in the dry land and swim without trying hard.

🚴 Bike

The OS plan bike menu is really, very, very exciting.

The build-up on Tuesday is so "intensive" that it's almost over the day, but it's scary but fun to have such a "prepared" menu about once a week.

🏃 Run

400 intervals of point training are carried out even in the rain. Considering the road surface condition, it's good.

After that, you may need to adjust the runs on other days to make your weekend long run (20km) a quality practice.

○ Good points

・ Swim: Reproduce what you did in Dryland. I can feel the effect of core training.

・ Bike: I was able to go all out with the buildup on Tuesday.

・ Run: I was able to finish without injury by speed training in the rain.

◇ Improvement points

・ Swim: Don't do your best now, give priority to having fun!

・ Bike: To be able to continue to recover and train.

・ Run: Reduce the frequency a little and check for changes in physical condition.

Katsuyuki Kiya ~K2ヾ(^v^)k~

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya - thank you so much for posting the update here! I am really pleased with the modified schedule that you had outlined for the OutSourcing. I know that you mentioned the numbers from the performance manager chart in Trainingpeaks.

To be clear, right now in the winter that is not a primary data focus. Your recovery numbers, like sleep and perceived exertion should match very well With the consistency of running and training that you're doing across the rest of the week.

On some level, we need to reduce that overall training load so that we have the strength to do the hard work that makes us actually stronger. Later, when we hit the middle of the season, they'll be more of a focus on building and managing fatigue as a training tool. Just not now.

I think the numbers that you are putting up mid week show that you understand the value of those rest days!

Swimming 1x a week now is okay. Supplement with your strength work that is great.

By far, your biggest achievement was avoiding the demons of Black Friday. I did not, and purchased a rocker plate for my trainer. I think it will be a good trainer tool but i did almost crash in Zwift on my first ride! 🤣

Have a great week...

~ Patrick