Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Katsuyuki Kiya Official Coach Thread

@Katsuyuki Kiya -

Here's your personal Coach Thread, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is here to guide you through your first year on EN, so you can always come back here.

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

K2, Coach Patrick here. I hope that's okay I can use your nickname like that!

I have enjoyed reading your biography; I think you have made some great performances (especially your last one in the top 10! Of your Age Group) and I look forward to working with you on creating a new level of performance for you in 2019.

I want to make sure you are making the most of Endurance Nation. If you are comfortable talking in English, we can connect on the phone. Let me know and we can set up a call. Otherwise, we can connect here in the forums in greater detail.

Once you tell me about talking we can connect about adding more details to your plan.

Your Races

• Ironman Guyre - Korea (2019-09-15) #IMKorea_19

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won't complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on Final Surge by clicking on Training Plans / My Plans. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

>> Last updated by Coach on December 19, 2018

• On 12/17/2018 Load the  -- Run Durability for Triathletes 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 1/13/2019
  • On 1/7/2019  Load the    OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 4/14/2019
  • On 4/15/2019 Load the    Swim Camp to end on 4/28/2019
  • On 4/29/2019 Load the    Bike Focus Block, 6 Weeks to end on 6/9/2019
  • On 6/10/2019 Load the  -- EN*Full Bike Focused  to end on 9/15/2019
  • On 9/16/2019 Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 10/13/2019
  • On 10/14/2019 Load the  -- Run Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/10/2019

Your Homework

Tell Me Your Season Goals

• What will make you consider 2019 a success?

• What's your biggest limiter right now?

Contact Points

As part of your journey to becoming a Self Coached Triathlete inside TeamEN, we are prepared to give you excellent support for your first 90 days. Our goal is to transition you from live, in-person support to using our digital resources and the Team to help you continue your progress as you execute your Three Year Plan.

These are all the key points in your first year where we must talk. Please remember to include your phone number.

• Welcome Call in Week One (set it up here)

• Coach Call in Week Two to talk about your season (set it up here)

• End of Trial Call -- We review your experience & Unlock Year One / Race Execution for you (set it up here)

• End of Season Call -- We review your year & Strategize for your End of Year Gap and Year Two (TBD in this Coach Thread)

Questions

• Coach Questions - Right here in this thread. Always reply to this same thread, it keeps a record for us as we evolve together!

• General Questions - Simple stuff can go to the Q & A Central Forum for the Team to answer. For example, Best Bike? How to improve run cadence? How to flip turn?

• Need Help? - Please check the EN Help Site first!

• Admin Questions - Billing or orders or whatnot? Use the red chat button at the bottom of the Members Site (not forums) or email us here.

• Specific Questions about a Race or Power, etc? - You can post those into the targeted forum for that topic. Power questions to the Power and Pace Forum. Race questions to your specific race forum, etc. Not sure where to post? Put it in the General Discussion forum and we will sort it out. Whatever you do, PLEASE ask your questions!!

For short or last minute questions, we recommend you use the Red Chat Icon on the main Members website.

We have also organized a complete chart of the best ways to contact us online here

Your First Month on the Team

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / Trial Member Welcome.

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach P

Your Notes

Triathlon

• Ironman Japan 2015 Total 10:57'06" (Swim:1:06'43", Bike:6:15'09", Run:3:26'16")
  • Ironman 70.3 Gurye Korea 2014 Total 4:56'19" (Swim:17'36", Bike:2:31'51", Run:1:27'52") ※Swim 0.8k
  • Ironman U.S Championship 2012 Total 10:19'33" (Swim:54'34", Bike:5:39'47", Run:3:35'15")
  • Internation Triathlon 2011 Mokpo Korea Total 10:52'56" (Swim:1:31'28", Bike:5:50'49", Run:3:20'04" )※B:192k

Running

36th Sakura Asahi Health Full Marathon 2017 Total 2:46:23

1st Ocean&Green Full Marathon 2014 Total 2:40”28"

Yokohama Half Marathon 2012 Total 1:15:46

9th KNN Environment Half Marathon Korea 2011 Total 1:16’05"

Injury History

2018 Mar, Sacroiliac joint bone bruise

2017 Sep, pubic bone stress fracture

2013 Jun, Acetabular labral tear (FAI Cam type)Right Side

Monday: OFF

Tuesday: Swim 3000~4000m , Zwift Race(30Minute~), Free Jog 10km (4:30/km~)

Wednesday: Bike 80~100km (Sweet Spot 230W 5㎞ ×6〜10) & Brick Run 10㎞

Thursday: Zwift Race(30Minute~), Run Team Training (Ex: 1000m×6、400m×20、2000m×4、50minute Temp Run, 60minute Buildup Run, 5000mTT etc)

Friday: Swim 3000~4000m, Bike ~50km(Interval)

Saturday: Zwift (Easy)(30Minute~), Pace Run 20~30km (3:55〜4:15/km)

Sunday: Bike 130~180km (Aero Position), Swim(Cool Down)or Brick Run

About training time

Monday is a complete rest day and I am refreshing my body. Especially, since I'm putting a long ride on Sunday, I set it as a recovery date.

Other days of the week, in the morning I can use it for training. (My work has been from late noon to late evening)

Since work is off on Sunday only one day, I try to put a long ride.

Since I was a long distance runner on the track from junior high school to high school student, I am good at running.

Bike's 20 minute FTP is 254 W. (My weight is 58 ㎏)

I am not good at swimming. (100 m / 1: 50 ~)

Comments

• Options

To Coach Patrick

I am terribly sorry.

Ms. Brenda told me this thing.

I have been waiting for your reply for a long time since I joined Traral, but I could not find it.

The other day, at Red Chat I wrote my troubles, but that was my misunderstanding.

You were replying here as soon as I joined.

I did not understand how to use your site, I asked rude questions. I'm sorry.

I am looking forward to receiving coaching from you.

I will answer the homework you submitted to me later.

Katsuyuki Kiya 〜K2ヾ(^v^)k〜

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya -

I am so sorry for the confusion!! Yes, this is the best place to start, and don't be worried about offending us with rude questions...we need to do a better job of helping you!!! I am sorry.

Just to confirm, I have created a NEW Final Surge account for you. You can login to Final Surge Online or in the Final Surge App as:

You'll see I have your first two training plans in there so you can get started. In the meantime, please sync up your training devices to Final Surge using these instructions: https://www.finalsurge.com/GarminConnectSync

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed:

• phone call (OR)
    • Forum chatting here.

Best,

~ Coach P

• Options
    edited January 7, 2019 2:50AM

@Coach Patrick

Happy new year!

I am looking forward to your coaching.

First of all, I will reply to the message you sent first.

> Your Races

> Ironman Guyre - Korea (2019-09-15) # IMKorea_19

Certainly my main race is Ironman Gurye Korea.

However, the schedule is September 22, 2019.

> Your Homework

> Tell Me Your Season Goals

> · What will make you consider 2019 a success?

I definitely want to win Kona's qualification in the September race.

> · What's your biggest limiter right now?

I think the limit of my skills is Bike.

I think it is necessary to raise my power weight ratio (4.37 W / kg, weight 58 kg) further, I think that it is necessary to have stamina and muscle power that runs 180 km.

My mental limit is that I can not control my pace and that I can not adjust the amount of exercise to match peaking.

About Contact Points

I am looking forward to calling you, but my English skill is not good so I think chat is enough.

I would like to ask you a number of times in poor English instead of being able to call.

If you do not seem to understand, you should point out to me soon.

Katsuyuki Kiya ~K2ヾ(^v^)k~

• Options

@ Coach Patrick

I will reply to the second message I received.

I saw the NEW Final Surge account that you made.

It is wonderful!

Until now…

I have you send me the menu of the day and the next day from me by e-mail every day.

I wanted to know more up to the schedule ahead.

Because it was impossible to practice scheduled by work, family business, weather etc.

I have a question

> I have your first two training plans

What are the two training plants?

As long as I see Final Surge, the training plan will look like one.

> Please let me know how you '' like to proceed:

> Phone call (OR)

> Forum chatting here.

I'd like to call you, but my English skill is low, so I think I can not have conversation.

I think that chat here is better.

• Options

@ Coach Patrick

I will excuse frequently the question.

I noticed by looking at the accountant's Final Surge that you made but the training menu up to the second week of April was stated.

Is this in line with the content of Season Outline you sent before?

Is this summarized as follows?

· 1/7/2019 Bike Focus Plan, ~ 4/14/2019

· 4/15/2019 Swim Camp ~ 4/28/2019

※ What is Swim Camp?

· 4/29/2019 Bike Focus Block, ~ 6/9/2019

· 6/10/2019 EN * Full Bike Focused ~ 9/15/2019

· 9/16/2019 Post Ironman Transition Plan, ~ 10/13/2019

· 10/14/2019 Run Durability for Triathletes ~ 11/10/2019

In this training menu, the menu focusing on run, Bike, swim continues until the second half of April, after May May strengthen the focus on Bike?

Would you mind thinking of all these menus as menus that were made back to calculate best performance at Ironman Gurye Korea on September 22?

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I made a menu with Zwift for Bike FTP from tomorrow.

In the menu of Level 3, Zone 4 (245 w) is the content of 3 sets with 10 minutes.

Is this the same as the contents of the menu?

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya -

Ok, catching up with all your stuff!!!!! Thank you for sharing it all...

Working in reverse order...

#1 That Zwift WKO is okay...but we do have the Zwift workouts already made for you. You can download them online here: Zwift Workouts, All Levels Just download the level you want, save them to your Zwift Workout folder...and then load them up as you go!

#2 Swim Camp is a recovery plan once you are done with the OutSeason Plan. You can see it here Swim Camp. Yes, I'd like you to put in a big Bike Focus in mid-year before you move to the "traditional" Ironman training plan. Here are the new dates for you with the 9/22/19 race!

• On 12/17/2018 Load the  -- Run Durability for Triathletes 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 1/13/2019
    • On 1/7/2019  Load the    OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 4/14/2019
    • On 4/15/2019 Load the    Swim Camp to end on 4/28/2019
    • On 4/29/2019 Load the    Bike Focus Block, 6 Weeks to end on 6/9/2019
    • On 6/10/2019 Load the  -- EN*Full Bike Focused  to end on 9/22/2019
    • On 9/23/2019 Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 10/20/2019
    • On 10/21/2019 Load the  -- Run Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/17/2019

#3 The first two plans I put into Final Surge for you were the Run Durability Program and the OutSeason Plan. I didn't load the Swim Camp plan for you, or the others, but I can help you do that if that makes Life easier for you (as we go along).

#4 I think your English is 100% better than my Japanese! 🤣 That said, I really really want you to talk to @Akio Yamauchi Who is Japanese and has been on the Team for a few years. He can really help you out...and he is very humble and a strong athlete like you. You can send him a Private Message here in the forums or let me know if you would prefer I give you his email.

#5 you are 58 kgs? That is unbelievable. I was 58kgs when I was 12 years old. Now you make me feel like a giant! 😢 Seriously though, we need to add some muscle to your frame and have you spend time on the bicycle.

Can you please tell me what you eat for recovery after you workouts? We recommend you have some protein, I think you would benefit from adding that to your routine.

Also, can you please post some pictures from the race of you (1) on the bike and (2) on the run?

Thank you!!!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Finally, I became a paid member (EN family).

I am pleased that you coach me.

I was able to download Zwift's workout. I was not able to reflect the file with Zwift at the beginning, but how to do it in the forum (put the file in a folder with six digits) After that, it was able to be used well within Zwift afterwards.

Should I think of the swimming camp as the recovery period?

Until now, I was practicing periods.

It is content to train for 3 weeks and to recover by 1 week recovery.

So, I was planning a training by back counting the number of days to race.

I was surprised that your training plan did not have a recovery week, but is this swim camp going to be its recovery?

(Or do I have to adjust the intensity in my daily training so that I can keep training even without recovery?)

Thank you for making a new training schedule up to the race.

I also understood about the two programs.

The OutSeason Plan was incorporated into my Final Surge.

To tell the truth, I heard from you @ Akio Yamauchi your story.

I was an acupuncture and massage massage shiatsu, he was my patient.

I also know his wonderful performance.

I also heard from you about the wonder of your coaching.

Next year, I absolutely want to get Kona's qualifiers.

So, I decided to take your coaching.

Just the other day, I did a training camp with him. As for EN, he taught me variously.

My workplace is an acupuncture and moxa massage therapy clinic in the sports gym.

So, I can train with a machine or weight during a break.

I added a strength training program to my Final Surge, but I thought that there were some problems.

Do you remember the medical history that I told you before?

Injury History

2018 Mar, Sacroiliac joint bone bruise

2017 Sep, pubic bone stress fracture

2013 Jun, Acetabular laboratory tear (FAI Cam type) Right Side

Especially, due to the contusion of the sacroiliac joint bone last year, I have a pain with squat using leg press and weight.

Doctors are told not to use weights in lower limb training.

Currently, I am doing the following machine training.

Lat machine 50 kg 15 x 3

Lowro 57.5 kg 15 x 3

Chest press 47.5 kg 15 x 3

Total Abdominal 47.5 kg 15 x 3

I try to take protein after training.

However, my wife is a managed nutritionist (Japanese national qualification license), so basically I leave my meal to my wife.

It is a picture of the race. OK.

I will attach pictures of last year's middle race and 2013 Ironman Canada, and a half marathon.

• Options
    edited January 22, 2019 10:59PM

@Katsuyuki Kiya - Yes, Swim Camp is the recovery at the end of the OS. There are rest weeks in weeks 5 and 10 of the OS (you test and rest a bit). If you need more rest (which is ok) you can do that by making Monday and/or Friday easier. When we get into the next part of your season we can see about adding rest as needed. 

I think the additional protein will help you gain a bit more muscle, as you are very lean. Maybe a recovery shake is an easier option for you? What do you eat after really challenging workouts? 

For your strength, I do recall the injury but didn’t realize there was a restriction on your lifting. Can you do the leg extension machine and the straight leg deadlift…here are two videos for your consideration. 

Your photos are EXCELLENT thank you. You look very intimidating on the run…I can tell you are a natural runner. I do think your bike fit could be improved. Do you have a picture from the bike on the side view? 

• Options
    edited January 27, 2019 1:51PM

My bike on the side view

It is a movie during fitting before assembling my new TT bike.

https://youtu.be/nKy6VHBFGDY

• Options

My bike on the side view 02

Another video is the appearance of the test run in the summer race last year. (Hill Climb)

https://youtu.be/OzbziLHTROE

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I understood the matter of recovery.

On Monday I am active rest and only swim.

Depending on the weather of the weekend on Friday, I will put a Bike or make a light training.

I always try to drink protein (mixed with soymilk) after training.

What is "recovery shake"?

Do you mean supplements or something?

I try to eat proteins (mainly meat) as much as possible after challenging workouts.

However, immediately after running, I feel sick and I can not eat it.

I added leg extension machine and the straight leg deadlift to strength training!

leg extension 17.5㎏ 15×3

straight leg deadlift 12㎏(2 dumbbells of 6 kg) 15×3

I ran a long distance in the athletics section since junior high school students.

I am good at running, but Bike and Swim began after becoming adults.

Since there was no picture from the side of Bike, I will attach a movie.

• Options

I also made a Bike FTP test with Zwift (EN version).(^o^)

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya -

Thank you for these videos...they are perfect.

First, yes I am thinking some kind of protein after a workout...it could be chocolate milk (or soy milk) and protein on the more difficult days. Sounds like you are good there. Can you tell me what you eat/drink when racing?

I love the test...thank you for making that!

Finally, the bike fit. I think that you can be more aero, but that you are already "tight" at the top of your pedal stroke. As you can see in these first two images, your leg angle is acute (less than 90-degrees)...yet in the second two pictures with your foot at the bottom, the leg is well extended.

I was first going to suggest you raise your seat, but I think that you might want a shorter crank arm (165mm? What do you have now?). I can tell from your pictures that we can't move your seat forward any more....so if we can make room for your leg at the top, you might be able to keep the power up and drop the front bars a little bit to get more aero.

• Options

@Coach Patrick

>Can you tell me what you eat/drink when racing?

In the race last summer's race (Swim: 2.5 km, Bike: 102.2 km, Run: 23.3 km)

〇 Before the swim

· "Amino Vital" Jelly Drink Multi Energy

· Wider in jelly energy

· WINZONE Energy × Energy stick

・water

○ T 1 transition

· Coke mini can

○ Bike supplement meal

· WIZONE Energy Gel × 3

· Salt tablet × 4

〇 In the Bike supply bottle (Camelbak Podium 21oz 620 ml)

· "Amino Vital" bag for 1 liter of water

· Mag-on (granule type)

· Athlete dedicated powder candy maltodextrin (about 4 tablespoons)

※ Other, 2 bottles for water

○ T2 transition

· Coke mini can

○Supplement to run

· WIZONE Energy Gel × 2

· Salt tablet × 4

〇 After finish

· Wider in jelly protein × 2

・water

In the IM race several years ago, I had eaten a solid meal with supplementary food, but there are many troubles that the stomach can not accept, now it is only a liquid Energy gel.

>I think that you can be more aero

really?

I am very happy!

However, I already have a shorter crank arm (165 mm).

>drop the front bars a little bit to get more aero.

Does this mean that you remove the spacer and lower the base bar?

I do not know well about fitting because it is an amateur, but I think that the space becomes narrower as the body collapses in front (forward) ...?

I think that lowering the handle (base bar) is not such a difficult thing, so I would like to try it this time.

• Options

I have another account on Facebook.

I used a former account (I am already friends with you), I used it even in my previous job, so it's private and difficult to use, so I made a new account.

Actually, I am selected as a member of a special project of the Japanese triathlon magazine "LUMINA".

The project of this magazine is to make people who aim for IM World Championship acquire qualification to Kona in 3 years.

I was elected to this project in April last year.

However, I am not a regular member (the first team) but a substitute member (the farm).

Once elected to this member, I have to report activity on SNS (Facebook).

So, I had to create an account on Facebook anew.

Recently, I have also posted that I am taking an online coaching with my practice situation and EN.

I applied for a friend in the past with a new account (above).

Even with the account here, I am happy if I can keep in touch.

• Options

In addition, I also post articles on my blog.

(Unfortunately, it is only Japanese language ...σ(^◇^;))

A blog that has been writing since 2008, a considerable number of people browse it.

I also wrote about EN!

If you have time, please use it also with translation software to browse.

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I made it!

Today was Bike Test Pwr Day.

I updated the peak power for 20 minutes last September 16th.

254W→262W (v´∀`)ハ(´∀`v)ヤッタネ☆

This is also the result of all your advice and training menus.

thank you very much(*⌒▽⌒*)

While thinking about testing, I thought I was painful and painful and I wanted to stop it many times, but I remembered my past FTP practice, sweet spot practice, ABP practice and I could continue without giving up till the end.

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya - congratulations on the power boost...that's incredible!!! Next time I suggest you test in INNSBRUCK course as the climb is about a 20' climb there which is perfect for the test. I am glad you have updated your numbers, you deserved it!

Re Nutrition:

• Don't drink coke in the transitions.
    • I recommend eating gel + caffeine towards end of bike and on the run. (I assume you drink coffee or tea?)
    • I don't know the other products but if you have been strong without the food, then we are okay.

Re the Bike:

• if you move the front bars down (lower front end) you need to moves seat forward a bit. Yes to the spacer...just remove it, put bars back on, then spacer ON TOP, then the cap to tighten.
    • Here is what I mean...moving you from red (now) to green (future). See how seat forward allows us to pivot you forward. SOMETIMES you need to move the seat up a bit as well, but lets see. Before we make any adjustments, mark your seatpost and seat rails so you know "how to get back" in case you don't like it.

I will check out all the blogs, thank you!!!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick

This weekend I held a training camp with @Akio Yamauchi .

His pedaling was very powerful and amazing!

At the same time, I also performed a practice menu of your instructions.

Bike ABP

- Level 3: 90' @ Zone 3 + 15' @ Zone 4.

※Zone3(210~223W)、Zone4(249~262W)

3’35’ 117km AV193W NP207W 160/187bpm 263TSS IF0.86 2500KJ 48.5/51.5%

#1:1’30’15 AV211W NP219W 91rpm 167/176bpm

#2:0’15’13 AV250W NP252W 99rpm 181/187bpm

I felt it was very painful, but I finished it to the end.

By the way,

Yesterday, according to your advice, I did a fitting of Bike.

In conclusion,

It became very comfortable.

Finally

· Saddle 1 cm lift

· Saddle 1 cm ago

· Handle down 1 ㎝

· Stem 2 cm extension (stem exchange)

I realized that

This is the video of that Fitting.

Actually I actually tried running outside

No discomfort at all

There is no cramped feeling, that is, no hip joint!

When I took the bottle down behind my imagination,

“Oh ~ I really changed the position”

I notice it

Thank you for having the appropriate advice again!

• Options

@Katsuyuki Kiya - Thank you for the update. I like the new position, but it might take some time to get used to it. Changing our bike position and then going directly into a long ride is super difficult. I am proud of you but want you to be smart.

I am happy you have connected with Akio; you would do well to hang on to his wheel. Especially at the end of long rides. That will make you super duper strong (and will complement your run fitness).

Keep up the good work!

~ Coach P

• Options

For me, I feel the weekend menu is pretty hard.

In the menu of Bike ABP, since the numerical value was updated by the FTP test,

Zone 2 (183 - 196 W)

Zone 3 (210 to 223 W)

Zone 4 (249 to 262 W)

And it may be a factor that the number rose.

Previous figures are:

Zone 2 (178 to 190 W)

Zone 3 (203 to 216 W)

Zone 4 (241 to 254 W)

Bike ABP of last week and this morning, Zone 3 of 90 minutes was able to be made, but it was not possible to do it in the subsequent Zone 4 for 20 minutes because the leg did not turn.

This might not be a training outside, but may also be related to indoor roller training.

Because it was raining on weekends, I could not do training outside.

By the way, today is 90 minutes by Zone 3

1 '30 "02 AV 222 W NP 222 W 96 rpm 175/187 bpm

However,

After that, I stopped the leg and took a rest for a while

After 3 minutes with Zone 4, left cusp stopped cramping and stopped the leg.

After that, after stopping the 1 minute leg and taking the rest, we did 3 minutes with Zone 4 (4 in total), but on the way, the left calf medial side, left inner adductor muscle caused convulsions and the power dropped considerably I have gone.

MS 2: 03 '@ Zone 4.

1.68 km: 0 '03 "01 AV 243 W NP 241 W 97 rpm 171/182 bpm

1.70 km: 0 '03 "01 AV 254 W NP 249 W 99 rpm 170/178 bpm

1.72 km: 0 '03 "02 AV 252 W NP 246 W 99 rpm 171/180 bpm

1.70 km: 0 '03 "01 AV 253 W NP 249 W 98 rpm 172/181 bpm

Should I change the menu on the weekend?

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Please tell me about "Run Strides".

> Strides as 30 left-foot steps in twenty seconds

Does this mean pitch running?

The pitch of both feet in one minute is 120, is not it?

I thought it was pitch running, last week's "Run Strides"

# 1: 0: 55 Average pitch 218 spm Average stride 1.18 m Average vertical motion 5.8 cm 175/181 bpm

# 2: 0: 55 Average pitch 223 spm Average stride 1.15 m Average vertical motion 5.3 cm 164/178 bpm

# 3: 0: 53 Average pitch 229 spm Average stride 1.18 m Average vertical movement 5.1 cm 162/177 bpm

I did training as above.

Does my way of thinking match?

• Options

It seems that the practice plan (Full Ironman) has been updated, is it automatically updated to my FinalSurge page too?

Although it seems that practice menus since April 15 have not been uploaded, will I have to upgrade this myself?

• Options

@Coach Patrick

Happy birthday!

You make my everyday so special. 

I was always worried about training, content, time, strength, frequency, etc.

I am pleased that I was advised by @Akio Yamauchi and joined the EN.

More than anything, I am proud that you have become my coach.

If I can win the qualifier of Kona in September this year's IM Korea, I would like to have a wedding with my wife after the Kona race next year.

We got married and enrolled, but we have not gone through the wedding ceremony yet.

At that time, please let me invite you to the ceremony by all means.

This is a picture of the first time Ironman distance finished in 2010.@Akio Yamauchi

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I would like to ask you questions and consultation.

With practice this week (3/4 - 3/10) I was feeling very tired.

Especially today's running was very bad.

My TRP pace is 4: 07, but my body was too heavy today and I felt very tired.

Here is the training content I did this week.

3/4 Swim 2.6km(MS: Swim 40 x 50 , as odds Hard, evens Easy. 100 easy swim)

3/5 Bike VO2 35.3km(6 x 3' (9') @ Zone 5 / FTP+15%(301W) / Max Sustainable Effort.)&Run Strides 10.7km TRP + 3 x 20" Strides.

3/6 Bike Sweet Spot 95.04km (3 x 15' (5') @ Zone 3 to Zone 4 (90% FTP))

3/7 Bike VO2 32.57km(5 x 30" (120") @ Max Sustainable Effort(174%/458W), then 8 x 1' (4') @ Max Sustainable Effort(155%/406W) with 10' @ Zone 2 between sets.)

3/8 Swim, OS Supplement 2.175km (MS:  6 x 200 (15") Swim @ T-Pace + 5", 100 easy, then 6 x 100 swim (20") @ T-Pace minus 3-5)

3/9 Bike ABP 147km (MS2: 95' @ Zone 3 + 15' @ Zone 4.)

3/10 Run Long 25.12km

So, can I change the training content next week as follows?

3/11 Swim Easy 1h or Rest

3/12 Bike Zwift group Ride Easy

3/13 Run TRP+10~15” 1h

3/14 Bike Test Pwr (Contents of March 12)/ Run FTP 1h(I plan to join the team practice session)

3/15 Swim, OS Supplement 1h

3/16 Run Long 20~30km

3/17 Bike ABP 70〜140km (MS2: 95' @ Zone 3 + 15' @ Zone 4.)(If it is sunny Bike outside, if it rains Zwift.)

I would like to practice lightly from Monday to Wednesday so that I can do my best with Thursday 's Bike Test Pwr.

Is this OK?

• Options

It's a very embarrassing thing.

As I reported earlier…

I had my bicycle position changed the other day.

Yesterday I was riding a bicycle for about 140 km, but in reality, the saddle seems to be going down.

I was maintaining Bike today and noticed.

By the way, the saddle was falling by 2 to 3 cm or more.

Even though the position of the saddle has changed so much, I am ashamed to think that I had been on for hours without noticing it.(^_^;

I'd like to fix the position tomorrow (I will raise the saddle).

• Options

@Coach Patrick

I raised the seat height 1 cm.

I felt very high at first, but I got used to it in about 30 minutes.

The movie above seems to be changing the height of the saddle.

Apparently it seems that how to tighten the seat post screws was loose.

Last summer, I found a picture of the saddle when I had my bicycle overhaul and made it the proper height.

Here is a picture of last weekend

Apparently it seemed that the saddle had gone down little by little.

Still, I do not know the optimum height for myself.

For the time being I want to continue training with the height of the current saddle.